Knives of Artemis and Caltrops Disaster

pblue

I know Mastermind pets don't like caltrops when against them. I've run plenty of masterminds before. But I've always regarded them more as a speed bump than an problem. Yesterday I was running a solo mission with my Necro-Sonic and suddenly my normally well behaved zombies went completely nuts, running in random directions, some rushing back to the previous room, other dashing forward and pulling even more Knives. I've never seen anything that weird. It was not going well and I only succeeded because I levelled mid-mission and then I popped out of the mission so that my zombie would level up too.

So I am puzzled. What was different? Is it that I my Necro-Sonic is resistance based (my other masterminds, which include other Nercos) are defense based. Or is it I don't have Tactics yet on this build (no Perception bonus or Confuse protection)?

On 3/16/2021 at 2:08 PM, Decaying Rose said:

Zombies and Grave Knights are explicitly immune to Slow effects, so when they step on some Caltrops, they get the 50 Magnitude Fear/Run Away effects like normal, but since they ignore the slow, they take off at full speed.

That’s one of those coding oversights that just makes you realize the value of good QA LOL.