Importing the 'Stance' mechanic to Fly powers?

Now that we have the ability to change what stance we take with our movement abilities, I was wandering if we could also import this option to the various fly powers in the game.

We already have a list of flypose emotes (/e flypose 1-4) as well as unique flight animations for rocket board, magic carpet, and hover, so could we perhaps allow for players to customise which of these animations is the 'default' when flying with certain powers?

In addition to those above, perhaps some new options could be introduced too, such as the animations robots, seers and Mu use when flying, and I'm sure there's many more too. How would people feel about having these as options too?

• Like 2

Would be great!

With the minor problem of Rocket Board/Magic Carpet/et cetera:  Those don't have any attack animations tied to them.  The board/carpet/et cetera would constantly disappear and reappear while using Powers, OR the Powers wouldn't animate while the player-character remains static on the "vehicle."

As usual, I don't mind, frankly . . . but there does seem to be a strong push against that sort of thing on Homecoming.

4 hours ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

Would be great!

With the minor problem of Rocket Board/Magic Carpet/et cetera:  Those don't have any attack animations tied to them.  The board/carpet/et cetera would constantly disappear and reappear while using Powers, OR the Powers wouldn't animate while the player-character remains static on the "vehicle."

As usual, I don't mind, frankly . . . but there does seem to be a strong push against that sort of thing on Homecoming.

I suppose the flying animation would reset to it's default while in combat, just like running stances do. 🙂

Though to clarify; using the rocket board/magic carpet flyposes would be just that, the poses. It wouldn't have the associated 'vehicle' if you customise standard fly powers this way.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 1