LF "The Really Hard Way" advice

Snarky

I think I've yet to do this on Indomitable and Reunion. I personally prefer waiting to 40% health on Tyrant, as it gives me plenty of time to "stick and move". When we start out with all the lore pets and inspirations...well, it's just over too quickly. Sometimes, Tyrant only gets one round of crackle off, and it's a lot easier for him to "glitch" and not respawn as a tiny version of himself, and it becomes basically a mis-trial. 

17 hours ago, Snarky said:

Well…… I do this every Saturday night still with Cosmic Council on Excelsior.   On a Beam Rifle/Temporal Blaster.  I stay ranged and flying and just keep the fire hose of damage up.   Rarely do I have to stop DPS for more than a few seconds.   

Then we do super inspirations for team buffs and Rebirth And Barrier.  

Goes real smooth

Snarky we also do this weekly and it isn’t a “TFJ” thing that has caused any real issues on the runs. We don’t necessarily require everyone to get into discord and not everyone pulls their weight. We also run this weekly and have a very high success rate and generally only use one ultimate and 2-4 team reds. As a leader you cannot control everyone’s constant dps. That simply applies to if that person is familiar with the trial or not and in our case we involve a great deal of pugs or people who don’t have discord so it is a learning curve for a lot of people. Anyone can complete a trial with ease with 20 plus people who have ran it 100 plus times together.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, STiTcH said:

Snarky we also do this weekly and it isn’t a “TFJ” thing that has caused any real issues on the runs. We don’t necessarily require everyone to get into discord and not everyone pulls their weight. We also run this weekly and have a very high success rate and generally only use one ultimate and 2-4 team reds. As a leader you cannot control everyone’s constant dps. That simply applies to if that person is familiar with the trial or not and in our case we involve a great deal of pugs or people who don’t have discord so it is a learning curve for a lot of people. Anyone can complete a trial with ease with 20 plus people who have ran it 100 plus times together.

I applaud the fact you take PUGs on this.  We regularly mention those we see on Excelsior who do so and how much we admire them.  Okay, sometimes we laugh at how gruesome it must get...  But still, to the leaders willing to take the time to drag a PUG (or a partial PUG) through the Really Hard Way?  RESPECT. 

We generally have a few newer members each week, but a solid core of vets.  Discord is required for our event and it is run like a play or a football strategy.

Again, thanks for keeping the community going!

• Thumbs Up 1