War Mace / Dark - requesting tips or a build, please and thank you!

Jayhawk

As the title says, I'm looking for some tips if you have any, or a build to work towards - as both of these sets are relatively new to me. Actually scrappers in general are new to me, having only ever played a claws/regen and a katana/ma.

Currently hovering at 30, and it's a bit of a slog. Not interested in starting over, but happy to respec to a playable version of this guy. 

Cheers! 

I found War Mace to be a slog while leveling up, but it greatly improves with global +Recharge bonuses. For my War Mace/Invulnerability build, I ended up with LotG Mules for my last 3 power picks. My build does not use Hasten, but you may want to consider adding it as a temporary stopgap while leveling. (Possibly somewhere between lvl 20 and 30?). Alternatively, you could try to work recharge into the individual attacks.

The good news is that Crowd Control (at level 32) is an awesome power when slotted.

As with many DPS-dealing AT, I suggest that you have Build Up available as often as possible.

War mace is high endurance usage and dark armor is very high endurance usage, so the blue bar will be your personal demon until epic pools.  Slot lots of endurance reduction in your attack, two slot endurance with perf shifter end mod + proc, three slot health with panacea proc, miracle proc, numinas proc.  You can always respec out later if you address endurance through other means.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

• 2 weeks later
On 3/21/2021 at 7:31 PM, Jayhawk said:

As the title says, I'm looking for some tips if you have any, or a build to work towards - as both of these sets are relatively new to me. Actually scrappers in general are new to me, having only ever played a claws/regen and a katana/ma.

Currently hovering at 30, and it's a bit of a slog. Not interested in starting over, but happy to respec to a playable version of this guy. 

Cheers! 

Basically, you want the Theft of Essence proc in Dark Regeneration and I am afraid you will have to micro-manage your toggles until you have all your sets and Alpha slot. For what is worth, this is my build, I've found out I don't really need fighting pool because of the combined dmg mitigation in both DA and Mace but yeah, DA is a tough on to lvl up and hard to play until you get Cardiac Alpha: 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: War Mace
Secondary Power Set: Dark Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Bash -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(31), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(34), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39)
Level 2: Pulverize -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(48), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(48), TchofDth-Dam%(50), Mk'Bit-Dam%(50)
Level 4: Jawbreaker -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 6: Murky Cloud -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(7), GldArm-3defTpProc(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(43)
Level 8: Clobber -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Hct-Dmg(9), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Rchg(39), TchofDth-Dam%(42)
Level 10: Obsidian Shield -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), UnbGrd-ResDam(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13), Rct-ResDam%(15)
Level 14: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Dark Regeneration -- Mlt-Acc/EndRdx(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Prv-Absorb%(45), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 18: Whirling Mace -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(19), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(19), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Obl-%Dam(27)
Level 20: Death Shroud -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(21), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23)
Level 22: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 24: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 26: Shatter -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(42)
Level 28: Cloak of Fear -- SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SphIns-ToHitDeb(29), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(36), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Crowd Control -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dmg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(34)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 38: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 47: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Combat Teleport -- Range-I(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), NmnCnv-Heal(3), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(43)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
------------

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!