Can we have a real moment? Is Homecoming SCORE 2.0?

Guest jordan_yen

people who keep bringing this up seem to fall into two basic categories:

1) people operating or committed to other servers who're upset that homecoming were 'first to market' and are taking it out on them and/or attempting to siphon away their players (frankly, this seems to be largely the /coxg crowd), and

2) people who're confused by the stuff group 1 is posting and believe there's some sort of vague reason the HC admins are untrustworthy

The reality is that for the lay player, there's no reason to distrust homecoming; they aren't really trying to take our money (in fact it's decently difficult to give them money even if you're inclined to) and aren't requiring anything to play other than an email address. If they are attempting some sort of con it's not really clear what the payoff could be.  If it came to light tomorrow that homecoming were engaged in some sort of malfeasance we could all just go play on one of the many other private servers with nothing lost but our time.

In the early days when it wasn't clear what the fate of all of this would be, the homecoming folks were leery of sharing information about their work, but the leak of the i24 code was out there on torrent and anyone who wanted to could've spun up a server (and in fact, many people did.) The claims that HC were somehow 'gatekeeping' were always basically bullshit.

people who keep bringing this up seem to fall into two basic categories:

1) people operating or committed to other servers who're upset that homecoming were 'first to market' and are taking it out on them and/or attempting to siphon away their players (frankly, this seems to be largely the /coxg crowd), and

2) people who're confused by the stuff group 1 is posting and believe there's some sort of vague reason the HC admins are untrustworthy

The reality is that for the lay player, there's no reason to distrust homecoming; they aren't really trying to take our money (in fact it's decently difficult to give them money even if you're inclined to) and aren't requiring anything to play other than an email address. If they are attempting some sort of con it's not really clear what the payoff could be.  If it came to light tomorrow that homecoming were engaged in some sort of malfeasance we could all just go play on one of the many other private servers with nothing lost but our time.

In the early days when it wasn't clear what the fate of all of this would be, the homecoming folks were leery of sharing information about their work, but the leak of the i24 code was out there on torrent and anyone who wanted to could've spun up a server (and in fact, many people did.) The claims that HC were somehow 'gatekeeping' were always basically bullshit.

I agree with you on this.

I'm trying to figure out what there is to trust. Are we paying a monthly fee or in some other way financially investing in Homecoming? And keep in mind, donating on any given month is purely optional.

When the servers are up, and if I feel like it, I login and play that night. It's fun while it lasts, but I came into Homecoming with the solid understanding that it could end at any time. Whether it's from donations for servers drying up at some point, or NCSoft finally deciding to shut them down, or whatever reasons may come. This could end tomorrow, next week, or whenever.

Enjoy it while it's here and for what it is.

I personally could not care any less about what a group or a few individuals are saying about whom as far as who's operating what servers. It has absolutely no bearing on my wallet or everyday life. And if the game were to shut down? Well, hell, I'd keep doing what I do on nights that I don't play Homecoming. I'd log into Overwatch or Paladins or Dead by Daylight or whatever other games I play.

I neither trust nor distrust the folks behind Homecoming. I simply don't care enough either way. If the servers are up, I'll play it. If not, life goes on. Just like it did in 2012.

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out what there is to trust. Are we paying a monthly fee or in some other way financially investing in Homecoming? And keep in mind, donating on any given month is purely optional.

When the servers are up, and if I feel like it, I login and play that night. It's fun while it lasts, but I came into Homecoming with the solid understanding that it could end at any time. Whether it's from donations for servers drying up at some point, or NCSoft finally deciding to shut them down, or whatever reasons may come. This could end tomorrow, next week, or whenever.

Enjoy it while it's here and for what it is.

I personally could not care any less about what a group or a few individuals are saying about whom as far as who's operating what servers. It has absolutely no bearing on my wallet or everyday life. And if the game were to shut down? Well, hell, I'd keep doing what I do on nights that I don't play Homecoming. I'd log into Overwatch or Paladins or Dead by Daylight or whatever other games I play.

I neither trust nor distrust the folks behind Homecoming. I simply don't care enough either way. If the servers are up, I'll play it. If not, life goes on. Just like it did in 2012.

This...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

OP was nothing but a troll baiting, trying to create drama simply because it amuses them.

A product is provided free to charge, nothing is owed to you, they have jack in the way of personal information. You want to play here then play, you want to play elsewhere then you have options, the code is even there for you to make things exactly how you want with the person you "trust".

Its a boring and predictable tactic and is virtually a form letter for trolls who think they are edgy to post this junk on every private server.

0 out of 10.