FIXED: Smashing Elusivity is Broken

***EDIT**

Smashing elusivity is not working in PVP. The post below was an earlier bug report about it not working in Overload and Kinetic Shield. But after testing every damage type in the game, plus the other powers that provide smashing elusivity (scorpion shield, rock armour, etc), I've concluded Smashing Elusivity just isn't working properly in PVP at all.

Old bug report now begins...

---

Short version:

Smashing Elusivity is not working in Overload. (Lethal, and other typed damage Elusivity is working fine). Solution could be setting "allow strength:true" for Smashing Elusivity.

Long Version

Okay so testing out a SS/Inv Brute vs a DM/EA Scrapper on Brainstorm.

Here's the SS/Brute's various accuracy/tohit bonuses:

unknown-5.png

(Each attack has 107.83% accuracy bonus due to 2x level 53 acc/dam hamidon enhancements + vigor core T4)

Here's the DM/EA's defenses:

image.thumb.png.f2ffcb61d011ba494b0e1ca5c3de259c.png

(And here's the DM/EA's defense after PVP DR. As you can see. No real difference between Smashing/Energy once DR has been applied):

image.thumb.png.01a74233b2fde487d70950d07f304a8c.png

Here's what the chance to hit should be (for haymaker):

image.png.248221e5185a29c7449ac84d60a698ea.png

Here's what it is in practice:

unknown.png

As you can see. Only Laser Beam Eyes has the right Chance to Hit. The reason? It's all energy damage. (I.e. The energy elusivity in Overload is working fine, but the smashing elusivity is not.)

To test this theory. I took the SS/Inv Brute up against a DM/Ninjitsu scrapper. (As Ninjitsu is positional elusivity, rather than typed, it should work properly.)

Sure enough...

unknown.png

The chance to hit is where it should be.

I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. But after poking around in the game files, it seems like Overload has "allow strength:true" for all damage types EXCEPT smashing damage. That could be the cause.

Edited by America's Angel
  • Thanks 1

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

• America's Angel changed the title to Smashing Elusivity is not working in Overload or Kinetic Shield in PVP

Did some further testing.

Short Version:

Smashing Elusivity is not working in Kinetic Shield, either. (Lethal, and other typed damage Elusivity is working fine). Solution could be setting "allow strength:true" for Smashing Elusivity.

Long Version:

Set up my test again. SS/Inv Brute punching a DM/EA Scrapper.

This time, the DM/EA isn't using Overload. They are just using their toggles + 4 small purple inspirations. Here are their stats:

image.thumb.png.787faae1291ec13f95647c71fa8d7aa4.png

So if we plug those into the calculator, using the accuracy buffs in the first pic in my first post (plus the "Call to Justice" alignment power I used during this test by accident). We get:

For Haymaker:

image.png.e4a73fea1821943d0ac07e73a2d09e3e.png

For Laser Beam Eyes:

image.png.e256272cb1d1acc0ec1802809a2a7dfb.png

Here's what we actually get in game, though...

image.png.614dccbf00be2aa5ccebcdb28d2da5ca.png

Hmm. Haymaker is a little too high. Let's see what happens if we remove elusivity from the calculator...

image.png.e8ffc1f1c386291bb56feac29c1ca739.png

There we go. That's the culprit.

Conclusion: Kinetic Shield isn't providing Smashing Elusivity, either.

As I said in the first post, I'm not 100% on why this is happening. But I imagine the two bugs are linked, and are to do with the Smashing Elusivity "allow strength"  value for Overload and Kinetic Shield.

Edited by America's Angel
  • Thanks 1

What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Updates the start of OP. This bug is bigger than I first thought.

• America's Angel changed the title to FIXED: Smashing Elusivity is Broken

This has now been fixed:

image.thumb.png.73df39d637a292422962bd43782df4ae.png

On 4/8/2021 at 3:34 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Great find and testing nonetheless AA!

I spent hours loading in and out of the arena testing every damage type against every power that grants smashing elusivity.

I never want to see that loading screen ever again. XD

• Thanks 2