Ice Melee Questions

hejtmane

MY plan is a ice/shield scrapper hence the question

I know high end you want like Moonbeam or zap if you want lightning ball for high end attack chains for ST. Mine is more about the lower and middle levels. I sidekick down with a group that does not build like I do for TF's etc.

Looking at that level am I better off in the lower range using Crosspunch after taking boxing & kick for ST attack chains on AV's  over Greater Ice Sword I lose the crit but the dpa seems to be better with the boxing and kick taken.  In theory at the lower levels I use like FT>IS>CP

Am i crazy with that thought process

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

Don't forget Frost, it is tough not to hit at least two, throw a range enhancement of some kind  in there if you can to help it out even more.   Practice jumping up and turning it into a pbaoe.  You should have a good attack chain there with Cross Punch (get a +recharge in there as soon as you can), plus I enjoy lining up melee cones as a mini-game but I know some people don't care for it.

Edited by Sgt. Terminus

On 4/5/2021 at 9:29 AM, Sgt. Terminus said:

Don't forget Frost, it is tough not to hit at least two, throw a range enhancement of some kind  in there if you can to help it out even more.   Practice jumping up and turning it into a pbaoe.  You should have a good attack chain there with Cross Punch (get a +recharge in there as soon as you can), plus I enjoy lining up melee cones as a mini-game but I know some people don't care for it.

Yes Frost would be a filler at the lower levels for any gaps in the attack chain and  lining up stuff I am old school DM the triangle was are jam and I got two of them to 50 pre-IOs ok so I am a masochist when it comes to early COH years.

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA