More Ways To Fill Contact Relationship Bars?

I've always had a completionist streak a mile wide, so when I wind up playing in a way that causes me to outlevel a contact who's content can't be redone with Ouroboros, it always vexes me so. Unlike detective or broker contacts, regular contacts won't give progress if you're merely on a team with someone doing missions for them, so there really isn't a way to go back and finish filling up that relationship meter.

Recently, this problem was addressed for Warzone contacts who basically have the same four or five missions over and over. In a way, it's narratively  and mechanically fitting that they can't be outleveled since their concerns in the PvP zones are ongoing and since everyone exemplars down to their levels again anyway, so a player who just checked in to Bloody Bay or Siren's Call once before won't have to worry about never completing the relationship bars for the contacts there. They have a unique method for dispensing missions, though, so it's understandable that a similar approach would be hard to develop for task pool contacts like Meg Mason (who to date I have not successfully remembered to approach while within the correct level range) or Borea or the various First Ward faction-dependent pool contacts. Theoretically a "forced exemplaring" mechanic like exists for task forces could fix the issue for them, but I don't know how reasonable it would be to apply that to contacts who wouldn't give it normally.

Other contacts like the City Hall origin-centric contacts that existed before the Galaxy City tutorial present other challenges. They offer missions for a small handful of levels that traditionally are super easy to level through. Their missions aren't bundled as story arcs (though they sometimes have thematic elements that progress like plots). I don't know if it would be viable (or even wise) to bundle their missions together in some way similar to story arcs (a "Joining the FBSA" set of origin-specific missions has a certain appeal...), but I certainly wouldn't mind a way to "redo the old starting missions", as it were, especially for the times when I started with their missions and accidentally agreed to a DFB run before I was done.

Ultimately, none of what I'm talking about would be a necessary, crucial, or even meaningful-to-most-players change, but it's something that's been rubbing me the wrong way ever since Live. Thought I should mention it. 😉 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later