Ice/Traps Fold Spacer

Carnifax

So the Elec/Poison is turning out to be a lot of fun. Mid 40s now, bit of a "mezz or die" but a lot of fun pinging around and sowing chaos. 

But all the beta testing made me do an Ice/Traps/Teleport/Sorcery/Earth controller on Beta to check out the Build 4 changes. He was very interesting and I've been flailing around with Traps for a while now in various forms on beta (Thugs/Traps, Traps/Rad Def and now this). 

Reining in the Sorcery a bit (because Ice really doesn't need more toggles in the forms of Ward & Enflame, nor does it need RoP thanks to Floaty Field Generator) we end up with something like this. As per usual not huge on Purples. Stealth pool choices are based on Page 2 changes (so invis will become the new Stealth power instead). 

Seekers are pretty crap as far as I can see so I've tended towards avoiding them. 

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Kludge: Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Ice Control
Secondary Power Set: Traps
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Stone Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Block of Ice -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(3), SprEnt-End/Rchg(3), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(5), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(5)
Level 1: Web Grenade -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Frostbite -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(7), Artl-Dam/Rech(7), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(9), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(9), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(11)
Level 4: Triage Beacon -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(13), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(15), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(15), NmnCnv-Heal(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(37)
Level 6: Arcane Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 8: Arctic Air -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(17), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(19), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(19), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(21), MlsIll-Dam%(43)
Level 10: Acid Mortar -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(23), RechRdx-I(25), TchofLadG-%Dam(33)
Level 12: Ice Slick -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 14: Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A)
Level 16: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), DefBuff-I(36)
Level 18: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Poison Trap -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Dam%(33), GldNet-Dam%(34), UnbCns-Dam%(34)
Level 22: Teleport Target -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Fold Space -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(37), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 26: Glacier -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(27), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(29), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(39)
Level 28: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 32: Jack Frost -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(42)
Level 35: Trip Mine -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(43)
Level 38: Fissure -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(39), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 41: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46), DefBuff-I(49)
Level 44: Seismic Smash -- Acc-I(A), TchofDth-Dam%(45), Mk'Bit-Dam%(45), NrnSht-Dam%(47), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(48), Hct-Dam%(48)
Level 47: Earth's Embrace -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(47)
Level 49: Seeker Drones -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), EndMod-I(13), PrfShf-EndMod(23)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
------------

While I can't comment much on the ice/ portion of the build, I wanted to just give some advice about the /traps.

The thing about Seeker Drones is that they are most useful when you summon them as an alpha soaker. They are pretty durable, and then enemies will target them first. So you summon them right in the middle of a group, they take the first hit, and then debuff said group. It works great when you don't have a tank/brute/scrapper/etc to take the first hit, and their debuffs last a decent amount of time.

Their debuffs also stack, because there are two of them, so while the numbers might not seem like much, against a single target you're getting double the values.

I've used them on my old Thugs / Traps before, think I even had them bound to shift+mouse button for this. I'll happy shunt them from 49 to 28, swapping with the replacement-for-invis. Although I'm tempted to dump replacement-for-invis to Grant Invis for hiding my FFG. They're both one-slot LOTG mules anyway. 

Haven't even started them yet anyway, just got my Grav/TA to 50 and the Elec/Poison is early 40s. 

• 1 month later

Update time. Mid 40s with this character now as part of the "slightly weird Controller combos" series I'm apparently on (Grav/TA, Elec/Poison and now Ice/Traps). Working well overall. I ended up sticking with Enflame because Burning Jack is nice and Ice craves damage. 

Solo it's like cheating : Set Death Patch, pull everything into Death Patch. 

On Teams you have to play quite aggressively, either follow the Tank in, Fold Space and AOE Hold followed by toebombing or Ice Patch, Acid Mortar, Combat TP in and bombs. 

Proc-wise : 

• Poison Gas is a good place for Procs (especially since Holds have a nice number of procs available)
  • Fissure & Seismic Smash are excellent places for them (Forced Feedback is especially good in Fissure)
  • Enflame is a terrible place for them. Slot some Acc and Dam and be done with it. Enflame isn't massively useful on a Controller because it doesn't do Containment damage. VEATs, Domis and Corruptors are probably more suited to it. I'm considering replacing it with Caltrops with a few procs there just to see the damage numbers from that instead. 
  • Procs are meh in Acid Mortar. I thought they'd be better since it essentially spams attacks when dropped but the damage with 2 in there is about 3.5% of my overall on teams. Max out recharge, stick a Achilles in there and be done with it. 
  • Trip Mine the Oblit proc seems to never go off. So if you're going with 5 Oblits plus a KB2KD avoid the proc, it seems bugged. 

This is my latest build. Like I said above considering dumping Enflame for Caltrops with some procs but we'll see (I reckon they'll be unimpressive too). 

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Jury Rigged: Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Ice Control
Secondary Power Set: Traps
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Stone Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Block of Ice -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(3), SprEnt-End/Rchg(3), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(5), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(5), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(17)
Level 1: Web Grenade -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Frostbite -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(7), Artl-Dam/Rech(7), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(9), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(9), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(11)
Level 4: Arcane Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31)
Level 6: Arctic Air -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(17), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(19), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(19), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(21), MlsIll-Dam%(43)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 10: Acid Mortar -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), RechRdx-I(25), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 12: Ice Slick -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 14: Combat Teleport -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 16: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), DefBuff-I(36)
Level 18: Teleport Target -- Acc-I(A)
Level 20: Poison Trap -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), RechRdx-I(23), RechRdx-I(31), NrnSht-Dam%(33), Lck-%Hold(33), UnbCns-Dam%(34)
Level 22: Fold Space -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(37), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 24: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 26: Glacier -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(27), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(29), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(39)
Level 28: Enflame -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(49), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 30: Rune of Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), ResDam-I(34)
Level 32: Jack Frost -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(42)
Level 35: Trip Mine -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(43)
Level 38: Fissure -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(39), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 41: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46), DefBuff-I(49)
Level 44: Seismic Smash -- Acc-I(A), TchofDth-Dam%(45), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48), NrnSht-Dam%(47), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(48), Hct-Dam%(48)
Level 47: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Earth's Embrace -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(47)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), EndMod-I(13), PrfShf-EndMod(23)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
------------