Psy/What?

Psilencer

I have a character concept that I'm playing around with (an alternative version of my Mind/Psy dominator).  I know I want the Psy primary for thematic reasons but I am undecided about a secondary.   I was thinking of WP (never played it) or Inv (I have a SS/Inv already) simply because they seem to be set it and forget it.  Although, Energy Armor does also seem interesting (and I can just RP that the auras are psyonic shields).

I'm going to avoid any set with graphics like Bio or Ice that I would have a harder time roleplaying away.

Is there something that goes well with Psy in particular?  If I did go the WP route, are there certain powers to skip? 

Ty!

Shield.

Customize to the "Energy" version (or lightning if that is more to taste) and match colors to the attacks.  Mine is a scrapper, very durable; GPB when AAO is saturated and Insight is up is a lot like throwing a moon at someone's face.  Shield Charge also bolsters AoE, but with SC/ML as the two main tools my scrapper shines a lot more against hard targets than big groups - the KU/KD is great soft control though and on team the opposing minions rarely matter anyway.

Might not work thematically for you like /WP if the character's shields don't have a physical manifestation like the attacks do, but it is a good combo. 🙂

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

16 hours ago, Psilencer said:

I'm going to avoid any set with graphics like Bio or Ice that I would have a harder time roleplaying away.

You can get minimal graphics, both Bio and Ice will look like smoke falling from the body or arms.  Color isn't so good for ice, its a bright pallet and doesn't suit my taste; while Bio has an odd pallet that is kind of lighter darks, medium colors, and lighter colors (probably a decent spread of colors compared to most other options)

Only thing on Bio you can't change is the Heal/Absord (name escapes me), you look like a globe of walking crap for a second but it disappears.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I recently rolled up a Psi Melee/Fiery Aura brute, for the 1-20 praetoria grind.

It's NOT goin to be all smiles and sunshine and the perfect most complimentary sets. That's not my intent.  This is Fun/Concept > All Other Concerns.

Though I will be sugar-daddying the heck out of the character with ATO's and misc unique's.  I'm deliberately starting behind the 8 ball, so why not. 

Partly I just want to do a Fiery Aura character who is NOT a farmer, planned around general content and mixed damage types from the word go. 

Partly I like the look of mixing in a bit of orangy-fire looks into the Psi attacks, and mixing in a bit of purple/psi coloration into the Fiery Aura's.  It works for me. 

11 hours ago, MTeague said:

rolled up a Psi Melee/Fiery Aura brute,

11 hours ago, MTeague said:

Fiery Aura character who is NOT a farmer

Blasphemy!  My first main was an Psi/Fire farmer at like 350 Vet levels, after having rolled a SS (rage crash, not fun) and 2 different Spines, while Radiation just didn't excite me.  All to 50, only the Radiation never fully tricked out.  Psi/Fire, its like SS/Fire just a little slower.  And you can just make another build for the farmer, while having a PVE content build.

Current one is a Savage/Fire, Rending Flurry sold me because its damage is applied during the 2.5 second animation time and not after the 2.5 second animation like Atom Smasher.  Plus a tele nuke, gets around quickly.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer