Debate: Softcap for non-melee/defensive ATs often not worth it

Zeraphia

Depends on what I see as the core function of the character.   I go for defense bonuses first on armored characters like tanks and brutes.   For DPS and support recharge tends to have a much higher priority.  The defenses on my toughest characters are overkill 99% of the time; but having their health bar seldom move is part of the fun. 

I find that a little bit of defense is much more appealing than a comparable amount of resistance, which doesn't show strong benefits until you get it above 50% anyways.    So if I am building a tough blaster I will go for defense.  Even so, on such a character 30% is more than enough to satisfy me. 

I do not change or move slots to chase set bonuses.  I slot priorities first.  For my tanky scrapper I chose to keep Multi-strike in Quills.  Other melee AoE sets have better bonuses, but Multi-Strike has minor but useful ones at every level, and is much stronger on endurance reduction than any of the others, and for an expensive power like Quills that's important. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291