new Day Job: Park Warden

addendum: yeah, I forgot redside

I don't recall any designated parks on redside, but I do remember forested and copses of trees on the north side of Cap while hunting the electric gremlins so those areas could be designated as day job areas for this badge.

Port Oakes is probably more level equivalent to Perez but I don't recall much trees at all in PO.

3 hours ago, Communistpenguin said:

I say make it give charges for the power that clears the fog of war on maps. "Your ability to navigate the maze like Perez Park has given you an almost supernatural awareness of your surroundings"

The fog in Perez Park is really at a distance and doesn't much effect Perception. Maybe it shortens Perception range a tiny bit, which this power as I described would offset that, but that fog never seemed to be an issue especially in the twisty maze.  I like the green fog of Perez, it adds atmosphere. Sometimes I do want it to be a little denser, just not on the level of former DA. Besides, once you leave the foggy area then the power as you described would have no effect at all. 

15 hours ago, gamingglen said:

addendum: yeah, I forgot redside

I don't recall any designated parks on redside, but I do remember forested and copses of trees on the north side of Cap while hunting the electric gremlins so those areas could be designated as day job areas for this badge.

Port Oakes is probably more level equivalent to Perez but I don't recall much trees at all in PO.

Monster Island!

6 hours ago, Communistpenguin said:

I say make it give charges for the power that clears the fog of war on maps. "Your ability to navigate the maze like Perez Park has given you an almost supernatural awareness of your surroundings"

3 hours ago, gamingglen said:

The fog in Perez Park is really at a distance and doesn't much effect Perception. Maybe it shortens Perception range a tiny bit, which this power as I described would offset that, but that fog never seemed to be an issue especially in the twisty maze.  I like the green fog of Perez, it adds atmosphere. Sometimes I do want it to be a little denser, just not on the level of former DA. Besides, once you leave the foggy area then the power as you described would have no effect at all. 

He is talking about the fog of war on the map, the darker portion before you explore the map and it turns light. @Communistpenguin you are talking about the Reveal power. It is a good idea, but mostly unnecessary since that power only costs 10,000 influence. @gamingglen the perception idea is not bad. It would be good for PvP I think. Or else, you could make it some kind of Blindness defense for use against Arachnos. Or just make it a bland defense against debuff bonus. Very small of course.

5 hours ago, Turric said:

He is talking about the fog of war on the map, the darker portion before you explore the map and it turns light. @Communistpenguin you are talking about the Reveal power. It is a good idea, but mostly unnecessary since that power only costs 10,000 influence. @gamingglen the perception idea is not bad. It would be good for PvP I think. Or else, you could make it some kind of Blindness defense for use against Arachnos. Or just make it a bland defense against debuff bonus. Very small of course.

I was also making a reference to the original map of PP. They didn't used to have the paths for the maze on the map, and people would always get lost in there.  Also, yes I was referring to the reveal power. If they did implement my idea, it would hardly be the only awarded power that you could simply buy another version of cheaply. 

6 minutes ago, gamingglen said:

I'd hate to have a Reveal power I cannot control.  I use Reveal on zone maps after I've gotten all the explore badges and visited all the historical plaques in the zone to let me know if I've done so on that map.

Why would you have no control over it? I assume it would award you a gold button power that has the same function as reveal. Basically, you would have a second reveal power that worked on charges.