A Veteran Returns

Paraclete

On 4/28/2021 at 11:47 AM, Nemeroff said:

What's old is new again.

Your first time back in AP, hear the theme music, and see Ms. Liberty again, almost like she's been waiting for you to return, you get flooded with feelings and memories you can't put a price on. (The irony is the game is free.)

But the HC team is doing a fabulous job!

Welcome Home! 

That moment was moving to me, not going to lie. I was smiling like crazy.

• Like 1

I build my own, but my monster is mostly used to process videos and play CoH. Simultaneously, of course!

CoH seems to make use of 2-4 cores max. So if you're shopping around, any more is gravy.

I would suggest, though, that you plan on an SSD. It really helps with the multitude of tiny files the game uses.

And if you are into serious bindfiles, you can go crazy with binds-that-load-binds and the like without any noticeable lag.

Even more than a beefy graphics card, IMHO, an SSD raises the fun level considerably.

And even runs on my effing Verizon Wireless connection. It's... faster than dialup.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Ohai new friend you bring teh donuts?

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?