Shield AAO vs Bio Offensive

Saikochoro

Just a quick question. I know these a very different powersets. Just curious. I think the damage bonus for bio armor offensive adaptation is 25%. What is the damage bonus for AAO on shield?  I know I scales with number of enemies, but was wondering what the bonus actually equates to and how it compares to bio.

Bio Armor (offensive mode only) is a 30% to damage from Hardened Carapace being active, with an additional ~22% toxic add on.  At the cost of -7.5 resist to all, and giving up the bonuses from the other adaptations.

AAO caps considerably higher (80%? 100%), and on a set that gives better DEF/RES.  Shield lacks the healing, regen, and rec of Bio, and AAO requires an audience for function.  Also locks out certain powersets.

Its Horses for Courses.  DM/Shield is a classic world-beater, as DMs self heal and end siphons do the only things that Shield doesnt, and comes with a really awesome version of build up that also wants a crowd, and Ive joked that Shield rubs up against being the perfect defese set.  Positional DEF, decent RES, buffs for team, and oh, a huge damage buff and a solid AOE.  Its only downsides are quality of life - you have a shield on your arm, set-lockouts, and clickie mezz prot.

Bio of course leaps out for any set a shield cant be used with.  Titan Weapons is the New Hawtness, and Bio is a great set.

YMMV, but Id do one of each.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute