Weird/Concept Necro/Time "Lead From the Front"-tank-type build

Lazarillo

Just curious what people think of the practicality of this idea.  It's nowhere near optimal, of that I am certain, but I really liked the idea of creating a Mastermind that leads from the front lines, rather than hiding behind minions, as it were (ironic, I suppose, given the latest changes that totally pull a "we have reserves" approach to MMs!).  The idea is that debuffs from Time Juncture + the Lich (even at their most basic levels) plus various Defense buffs put my MM and all the pets at effectively the soft-cap, so long as the MM takes point, letting the t1 and t2 zombies follow in.  The MM has melee attacks for flavor; I'm not sure how practical they'll be (though like I said, they're more about concept than anything).  I also have no idea how the Lich is really "supposed" to be slotted, so I just went with a fairly MM-standard setup for enhancements that works in all the various aura buffs.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Necromancy
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Zombie Horde -- SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(3), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(7), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(33)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- TmpRdn-Acc/Dmg/Slow(A), TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(36), TmpRdn-Acc/Slow(46), TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx(50), TmpRdn-Rng/Slow(50)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- DctWnd-Heal(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(3), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(5), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(19), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(11), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(43), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(43)
Level 6: Enchant Undead -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Life Drain -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Dvs-Acc/Dmg(9), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), NmnCnv-Heal(34), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(46)
Level 10: Teleport -- Jnt-EndRdx/Rng(A)
Level 12: Grave Knight -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), EdcoftheM-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), EdcoftheM-Acc/Dmg(15), EdcoftheM-Acc/EndRdx(15), EdcoftheM-PetDef(33)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Air Superiority -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(17), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40)
Level 18: Soul Extraction -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(19), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(37), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(37), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 22: Time Stop -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(23), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(23), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25)
Level 24: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Lich -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SvrRgh-Acc(27), SvrRgh-PetResDam(29), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Dark Empowerment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(A), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(36), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(39), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(39), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(39), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Bile Spray -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(42), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(42), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(42), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(43)
Level 44: Knockout Blow -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(45), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Shark Skin -- StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48), GldArm-3defTpProc(48), GldArm-End/Res(48)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(21)
Level 1: Zombie
Level 12: Grave Knight
Level 26: Lich
Level 50: Invader
Level 50: High Pain Threshold
Level 50: Marshal
Level 50: Born In Battle
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------

Thoughts?

My impressions -

1. I would suggest considering Mace Mastery for Time, because power boost does indeed affect both Farsight for more Defense, and Chrono Shift for its regen value (i believe, not 100% sure on that one.) I know you are at cap now, but taking Mace would save both on defense, as well as extra slots on the mostly unimpressive levi mastery powers. But if you want to stay true to theme then by all means keep the shark powers.

2. Even if you go in first, and aggro first, you aren't likely to keep it very long from any dedicated threat. I would think tankers, brutes, scrappers, blasters, and possibly corruptors would all rip aggro from you easily. So unless you are teamed with defenders, sentinels, and the like, you aren't likely to keep aggro overly long. Even if you take provoke (which i don't recommend) you would loose it fairly fast. Provoke has a low target cap and doesn't last overly long, so you more or less have to use it on cooldown for it to have any noticeable effect, and is still the weakest aggro tool available.

So it looks fine on paper perhaps, but in theory and practice, my question would be who would you be tanking for? But don't take this as me saying its a bad build by any means. With a few changes you could be a strong melee debuff presence with the added benefit of healing and buffs. But with a few edits and changes you could focus more on the debuffing abilities, which people always seem happy to have around, especially one that is tough and doesn't need rescuing every other pull.

TLDR - concept is good, but without a real taunt/aggro tool, you will struggle to tank any real threats off most other people. But this should work fine for solo play, but for teams you could be more of a melee debuffer, buffer/healer, some CC, and bog things down with your undead.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the commentary.  Yeah, Leviathan is for theme, so I plan to stick with it despite knowing I could do better. 

And yeah, also, I'm mostly thinking "tank" only in the sense of "the character goes in first, instead of the pets going in first".  And on teams it'll probably play more...traditionally like an MM than a "true" tankermind.  It's nice to know that as long as I don't forget my secondary, or anything (unlikely, I think), it should still be able to work, more or less.