Good solo and team friendly pure mace Bane

In my eternal tinkering with pure mace Bane builds. I decided to try out the new Sorcery pool changes.

Turns out they work great, providing some decent AOE and a solid ranged attack.

Enflame is so much better now that it's a 60 sec toggle. Arcane Bolt is a good ranged attack once the new build up mechanic fires.

I can talk numbers instead of impressions now, since this exists.

Spoiler

I was in a 4x8 kill most Market Crash with a strong team. The tank loved to gathering up mobs.

Of my damage, 27% from was Enflame. It appears to tick between 3-4 times a second from 10-17 damage for 8' around the target.

Crowd Control, my bread and butter attack, was only 17%. Side note, if anyone was in doubt about how ridiculous OP Ion judgement is, it was 23% of my damage with only 17 casts.

The build is nice solid solo/team mace bane. Running both maneuvers, assaults, and TT:tactics. I do not have end issues, even running low level TFs like Yin. Of course, that's with a fully setted out build. The only time end becomes an issue is things like Pylon tests. Most everything else dies before end even remotely becomes an issue.

Soloing is easier because of the extra Enflame damage. Nicely, Enflame does not cause re-draw, but Arcane Bolt does. Can't win them all.

Build:

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Wasteland Shadow: Level 50 Magic Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Bane Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Bane Spider Training
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Bash -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(7)
Level 1: Bane Spider Armor Upgrade -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-End/Res(7), GldArm-RechRes(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11)
Level 2: Wolf Spider Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-Max HP%(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), Ags-Psi/Status(15)
Level 4: Combat Training: Defensive -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(21), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(21), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 6: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 8: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(11), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(23)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), LucoftheG-Def(27), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(29)
Level 12: Pulverize -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(33)
Level 14: Poisonous Ray -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dam%(33), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Apc-Acc/Rchg(34), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(34), AchHee-ResDeb%(34)
Level 16: Arcane Bolt -- GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(A), GldJvl-Dam/Rech(46), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(48), GldJvl-Dam%(48), GldJvl-Acc/End/Rech(48), GldJvl-Dam/End/Rech(50)
Level 18: Shatter -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg(36), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Hct-Dam%(37)
Level 20: Enflame -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(42)
Level 22: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 24: Cloaking Device -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 30: Surveillance -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Crowd Control -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(43), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Arm-Dam%(43)
Level 35: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 38: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(45), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), TtnCtn-EndRdx(45), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(46), TtnCtn-EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 44: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 47: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17), Prv-Absorb%(25)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-EndMod(19), PrfShf-End%(19)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------
------------

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Like 2

Remember you can also share your Parses using the Share box : https://www.carnifax.org/?uuid=590b0d75-368d-40e3-81b2-676699fcd641

Looking at yours Crowd Control is actually around 20% cos you've also got the Armageddon proc in there. Log-wise they are counted seperately generally (unless the proc is in a pseudopet, if it is it'll be wrapped into the pseudopet damage along with its other powers, because of how the Logs records those). 

How were you using Enflame? Was it "Cast on a boss of some sort" or "Cast on a pet / teammate"? Just wondering from an efficency PoV where's best for it. I'm strongly considering rejigging my Thugs / Traps again for an Enflamed Bruiser. 

28 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Remember you can also share your Parses using the Share box : https://www.carnifax.org/?uuid=590b0d75-368d-40e3-81b2-676699fcd641

Looking at yours Crowd Control is actually around 20% cos you've also got the Armageddon proc in there. Log-wise they are counted seperately generally (unless the proc is in a pseudopet, if it is it'll be wrapped into the pseudopet damage along with its other powers, because of how the Logs records those). 

How were you using Enflame? Was it "Cast on a boss of some sort" or "Cast on a pet / teammate"? Just wondering from an efficency PoV where's best for it. I'm strongly considering rejigging my Thugs / Traps again for an Enflamed Bruiser. 

On teams I always stick on a melee with a taunt aura. I will actually look at their powers to figure that out. 🙂 Only AVs get enflame in teams.

Solo of course, I stick it on the boss or maybe an important lt. Crowd Control knockdown keeps most of the running under control.

I also made this char to utilize the Sorcery changes.

Edited by KaizenSoze

13 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

VEATs are a good choice for Enflame : https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=pets.enflame.enflame&at=minion_pets

5.56 damage every 0.7 seconds. Yum

And Domis look like an excellent candidate for it, especially those with Tankier pets who like to get in close. 

Oh yes on the Doms. Stick Spirit Ward and Enflame on the grav pet. Serious tankness and burnation!

I have a grav/psi/ice dom with sorcery. That where I got the idea for this build.

Also, blasters get the best damage, must work off range damage. I am working on rebuilding my mothballed ar/dev blaster. Stacking toggles on the gun drone sounds temping.

Edited by KaizenSoze

1 hour ago, Carnifax said:

Thanks for that link. I was trying to figure how to see the damage.

It is also valuable to note that VEATs have possibly the worst heal modifiers in the game.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=pool.sorcery.spirit_ward&at=arachnos_soldier

The absorb value for Spirit Ward 16.1% which is lower than any other AT I checked, even blasters. 🙂

I wasn't planning on taking it, now I never will.

I (only) have Spirit Ward on a Controller, but it is pretty much exclusively as (a) a mule for Preventive Medicine's %Absorb and (b) a casual power to back up that character's otherwise half-hearted ability to protect allies via heals/absorb and (c) a stepping stone to Rune of Protection. This is a pretty selfish/self-oriented build. I didn't have the power choices or slots to do 'better' than muling an important enhancement, and I didn't need (and couldn't leverage) Arcane Bolt for offense. I have trouble imagining how to fit the power in on a VEAT.

5 hours ago, tidge said:

I (only) have Spirit Ward on a Controller, but it is pretty much exclusively as (a) a mule for Preventive Medicine's %Absorb and (b) a casual power to back up that character's otherwise half-hearted ability to protect allies via heals/absorb and (c) a stepping stone to Rune of Protection. This is a pretty selfish/self-oriented build. I didn't have the power choices or slots to do 'better' than muling an important enhancement, and I didn't need (and couldn't leverage) Arcane Bolt for offense. I have trouble imagining how to fit the power in on a VEAT.

Arcane Bolt wasn't too hard on my Bane build. I even have it on a Night Widow build on the beta server. I wanted to test Enflame out as extra AOE.

AB is good for tagging runners and provides from energy damage for lethal, smash, or psi resistant targets.

Now, slotted out spirit ward on my defender is amazing protection. A full Preventative Medicine set will give the target a 40% absorb shield that constantly rebuilds itself.

• Like 1