Question regarding hasten vs adrenal booster

cmiobst

So, my question is, is there a reason to go one above the other? Thematically, the experimentation pool makes more sense for my character, and adrenal booster looks better on paper than hasten, but I see almost everyone going hasten instead? Is there a particular reason or something I am missing? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

• 2 weeks later

Hasten can be very handy.  I only use it on about 30% of my characters, (but on 100% of my dominators and controllers, because rapid stacking of control magnitiude).

Adrenal Booster is very nice, I have it on both a Tanker and a Blaster. Both make excellent "Oh Crap!!" buttons.

I'm a big fan fan of having between 1-3 "Oh Crap" options on every character. 

• Adrenal Booster OR Rune of Protection OR Unleashed Potential.
  • Presence/Unrelenting
  • Concealment/Phase Shift
  • Possibly an Armor T9, depending on the set.   ("Rise of the Phoenix" or "Elude" can both make a nice "NOPE!" button, etc)
  • Vengeance (more of a Team Oh Crap, but hey. Is guuuud)
  • Speed / Burnout
  • Flight / Evasive Manuvers

The trick is not falling into the "Too Cool To Use" trap. When you take a power to be your "Oh Crap" button.... DONT BE SHY WITH IT!   Worst case, you might find yourself needing to wait entire MINUTES for it to come back up.  Spend it when there's any question. Worst case, you take a bio break and make coffee/grab a soda while waiting for it to come back.  And if you have a few of them, you can alterate them so one is either up, or won't be long before it comes back.

• Like 1

If you have Hasten, Adrenal Booster is a good optional secondary buff. If you have Adrenal Booster then you should definitely have Hasten as it reduces the downtime of Adrenal Booster.

Adrenal Booster has a small power boost effect that is amazing with a primary that has some stuns or holds. Energy Melee is a prime example as all attacks stun and stack a whole lot harder with Adrenal Booster active.

Adrenal Booster has a small damage buff (34.6%), which for a 60 secondary duration is actually quite decent. Adrenal Booster also has a massive Tohit buff, which if you slot it 5 adjusted targetting IOs gets to nearly 55% tohit buff (!!), and also increases your tohit buff from build-up if you activate build up after Adrenal is active. This means you are hitting Paragon Protectors in Moment of Glory or that Nemesis spawn that got a massive stack of vengeance at a 95% chance to hit, turning those 'oh-darn' show stopper moments into a non issue.

Adrenal Booster with a high recharge IO build can have nearly 50% uptime, about the same you would expect from Build-up.

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Like 1

Currently on fire.