Sledgehammer

Can we hold the sledgehammer skin for war mace a little farther down the handle similar to the bat?   I figure they probably designed it that way because of the perceived weight of the hammer, but I’m a super hero and that generally comes with some magnitude of greater than normal strength.  

I have several costumes that would love to use the sledge but every time I equip it and watch the animations I think, “there is no way you don’t hit yourself with the handle hanging so far below your grip.”  You carry a sledge from closer to the head because of the weight, but you swing it from the bottom for both leverage/velocity and clearance.  

• Like 2

Guardian survivor

41 minutes ago, Brutal Justice said:

Can we hold the sledgehammer skin for war mace a little farther down the handle similar to the bat?   I figure they probably designed it that way because of the perceived weight of the hammer, but I’m a super hero and that generally comes with some magnitude of greater than normal strength.  

I have several costumes that would love to use the sledge but every time I equip it and watch the animations I think, “there is no way you don’t hit yourself with the handle hanging so far below your grip.”  You carry a sledge from closer to the head because of the weight, but you swing it from the bottom for both leverage/velocity and clearance.  

It's like that because it was developed for NPCs first.

Hellions and Skulls and stuff swinging the hammer hold it in their right hand at that point so their left hand can hold the lower portion of the hammer for their swings. When it was ported over to Warmace Paragon didn't alter the attachment point because it would've been a little bit of a mess that wasn't worth the hassle, in the end.

I'm not against changing it, now. But it would probably require a new sledgehammer model to avoid borking low-tier enemy animations.

• Thanks 1