Frigid Protection

Snarky

I normally do not "Proc out" many powers.  However, in looking at my rough Ice/Ice/Cold Blapper I just started playing with Frigid protection.

Does it make sense to put these Procs in it:

Performance Shifter: Chance for +End

Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb

Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self

Theft of Essence: Chance for +Endurance

Pacing of the Turtle: Chance of -Recharge

Touch of the Nictus: Chance for Negative Energy Damage

It is one of the odd powers (common in Ice it seems) that have no accuracy.  They just 'happen'  and the danged thing has a 30' radius!

Frigid protection is the sustain in /ice and as such has massive end recovery built in (compare its base numbers against stamina). I see far too many blaster builds where people are slotting end procs in sustains or adding slots to health/stamina for them rather than slotting directly for end mod. On most blasters the slotting priority should be two 50+5 pure end mods in the sustain. After that health and stamina can often be left at base slots with the panacea proc in health and a performance shifter proc in stamina. I don't think I have a single blaster that needs more recovery than this.

As for the other procs I'm generally wary of slotting procs in auras. Yes the aura is huge and autohit but the tick rate will be slow. If you have slots to burn then maybe try it but I'd certainly avoid the -recharge one as it doesn't seem do a huge amount.

• Thanks 1