Looking to Enhance my Enhancement Knowledge

ToonHawk

Hey folks,

I am sure that this topic has been brought up before and I have searched for it a couple of times here but just can't seem to find it. I could really use a beginner's guide to enhancements. Lots of questions like:

• What ratios of damage to accuracy are used for the different classes?
  • For some powers that include things like Defense or To Hit debuffs, should those be slotted with the corresponding enhancement or should damage/accuracy take priority?
  • At what level should you start to prioritize completing enhancement sets as opposed to simply crafting the basic versions?

Again, I know these questions are pretty simplistic but having some foundation to start from would be helpful. Apologies if there already is a guide in existence that I couldn't find. Just want to feel better about the choices I am making as I level my different toons.

Thank you in advance!

• 2 months later

There is no relation between accuracy required and class (I presume you mean Archetype).

How much Accuracy you need to slot depends on how many levels about you the critters that you want to reliably hit are.

If you mostly fight +0 and +1 Critters then 1 SO (or about 33%) Accuracy Enhancement will be fine. If you want to reliably hit +2 and +3 Critters then you will want 2 SOs of Accuracy.

Some powers have greater or lesser base Accuracy and you can see by mousing over a power in the Enhancement screen how much Accuracy Enhancement it has.

In general if a power has a secondary effect it is not worth wasting an enhancement slot on trying to improve it. You can't go wrong with just enhancing the Damage (or whatever the power mostly does). And then I would do Endurance Reduction and Recharge before I thought of any Secondary effect, and then I would remember that it wasn't worth enhancing for secondary effects.

When should you start with IO Sets? I have two considerations. First is the character high enough level to slot the set. And Second do I have the Inf to afford the set. If both are true then I buy the set and slot it as soon a I can get slots in the power. Additional note I always slot Attuned Set IOs which I buy as Attuned off the Auction House.

Last thing, you will get quicker responses to questions in the General forum.

Regards, Screwloose.

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

To build off of Screwloose's excellent guidance, for basic Invention Origins the classic ratio was 1 each of ACC, EndRedux, and Recharge, and 3 Damage for attacks; 1 EndRedux and 2-3 Defense/Resistance for toggles.  Hasten and auto powers don't need more than 2 slots.

When transitioning to sets, start with the endurance boosting procs for Health to ease leveling.  Archetype sets should be next, since you can slot them as early as 10th.  Set pieces that alter behavior should be selected before pieces that duplicate basic IOs.  For instance, Lockdown: +2 mag Hold is more of a game changer than Lockdown: Acc/Rech; Luck of the Gambler: Def/+7.5 global recharge before Luck of the Gambler: Def/End.

You make more money at 50, so there's nothing wrong using plain IOs on the way up before you start branching to sets.