Invul/Psi Tanker

Villuid

I just started getting into builds and modifying them on mids reborn. Honestly I am overwhelmed, I really want to come up with a no expense spared tank build but I don't have the knowledge yet. 

If anyone has the time to wip up a no expense spared ultimate invul/psi tank I would be extremely grateful.

Generic advice to follow on starting a new build in mids and finding one on the forum. 

Id suggest start with the powers you want at the levels you want.

I usually throw 3 alots in everything woth a few extra peppered in attacks or self heals you can move em around later.

Then right click on a slot and look at io options.  Click view totals and look at defense, res, hps, recovery and consumption.  At top of view totals pop up are 4 options.  Next tab shows you recharge and acc.  

Usually people chase recharge.  Im sure you can do some crazy things with def and res on an invul.

Also jj draken or someone probably already has a starter build you can import.  I use drakens builds as a starter mids on combos i know well, and as a gameplay build on those i dont.

Yea, there's a lot of possibilities with a 'no expenses spared' build. Even throwing in every purple and winter set out there, there's still a lot of options. Do you want to attempt to close Invincibility's Psi hole? Do you want perma hasten? Do you want max resists to everything? Do you want incarnate softcapped defense? Those are all potentially possible, but not all at the same time.

I came up with this one playing around. It is softcapped to everything but Psi with 5 enemies in range but drops a bit under to E/EN otherwise. At one point I had it up to near the incarnate softcap of 59 defense to S/L, so that is very doable, but pushed it down because that build also wasted a lot getting to it and was at something silly like 135% S/L resists.

This is with 5 in range, no accolades or incarnates:
image.png.7239f59a5b0ddbede1d081a507f5bd65.png

Remember tankers will be ~+11% more resist than shown once you start fighting due to ATO procs. Dull Pain is a few seconds off from perma. Takes everything from the main sets but Boggle and Unstoppable. You can swap Fly/Hover for SJ/CJ or SS/CJ, if you are ok going with vendor travel powers, drop Fly and pick up Maneuvers and slot another LotG in there, which would put you much closer to soft cap with only 1 enemy in range, and probably make Dull Pain perma. You could in theory run without Tough toggled on, you'll end up around 88% S/L resists with the ATO procs, though endurance should not be too big a concern with the recovery here and the 13% endurance reduction from sets, which is big.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Invulnerability
Secondary Power Set: Psionic Melee
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Resist Physical Damage -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(25)
Level 1: Mental Strike -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(3), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Psi Blade -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(7), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Mk'Bit-Dam%(34), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 4: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 6: Resist Elements -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27)
Level 8: Telekinetic Blow -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(50), TchofDth-Dam%(50)
Level 10: Unyielding -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(17), Ags-ResDam(43)
Level 12: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Psi Blade Sweep -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(23)
Level 18: Invincibility -- GifoftheA-Run+(A), GifoftheA-Def(23), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(31), GifoftheA-Def/Rchg(31), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34)
Level 20: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 22: Resist Energies -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46)
Level 24: Dull Pain -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(43), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(43)
Level 26: Tough Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 28: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29), Ksm-ToHit+(33)
Level 30: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 35: Greater Psi Blade -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Dam%(36), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(37), UnbCns-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Mass Levitate -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dam%(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Mu Lightning -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Ball Lightning -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg(48), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(48), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Concentration -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9)
------------

Lots of other Invincibility builds out there that hit different numbers. 

Edited by Oysterhead
  • Like 1

The Alphabet Bunnies
Currently Building: Dark/Fire Tanker, Merc/Time MM

50 Bunnies: Alpha Bunny (Il/Rad Controller) Beta-Bunny (FF/BR Defender) Gamma-Bunny (Seismic/Stone Sent) Epsilon Bunny (Spines/Invul Scrapper) Theta Bunny (Willpower/Axe Tanker) Zeta Bunny (DB/EnA Stalker) Lambda Bunny (Bio/SvgM Tanker) Xi Bunny (Stone/Stone Stalker) Sigma Bunny (SR/KM Tanker) Upsilon Bunny (Shield/DM Tanker) Chi Bunny (Fire Farmer Brute) Omega Bunny (Claws/Ninja Scrapper) F - araday Bunny (Elec/Elec Defender)
50 Non-Bunnies: Darboux (Crab Spider) Invisible Icicle (Ice/Bio Stalker) Cooling-Tower (Rad/Ice Tanker) Ferrouscious Feline (Invul/WM Tanker) Bill the Yeti (SavM/Ice Stalker) Sally Salamander (Fire/MA Tanker) Blade Azure (Kat/EnA Scrapper)