Sav/bio

Slithershot

So, I haven't touched my savage/bio stalker in a good long while. It's okay I guess, just doesn't feel all that great. It's not as durable and doesn't feel as strong as my DB/EA stalker.

So I've been considering rolling a Sav/bio brute.

Is it worth it? Will I see any big differences in the two? Does anyone have a good build that I can compare to? 

Savage just isn't very popular. At the height of its popularity, it was considered best on a Stalker due to Hemo's interaction with crit mechanics. Now that's gone and Hemo is widely considered a garbage power across the board. It can still pump out some solid AoE, but the exhaustion mechanic is a hindrance the set doesn't need.

That said, it can be a lot fun and I think Brutes actually do best with the set because Fury scales up the DoTs. There was some discussion about Sav/Bio in particular a while back here.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Razorback said:

Savage just isn't very popular. At the height of its popularity, it was considered best on a Stalker due to Hemo's interaction with crit mechanics. Now that's gone and Hemo is widely considered a garbage power across the board. It can still pump out some solid AoE, but the exhaustion mechanic is a hindrance the set doesn't need.

That said, it can be a lot fun and I think Brutes actually do best with the set because Fury scales up the DoTs. There was some discussion about Sav/Bio in particular a while back here.

I was gonna post the same.  Darkir really knows his stuff.

• Like 2

I have a Sav/Bio Scrapper and it does pretty well. Savage is one of the higher damage sets on a Scrapper. And I have the Chance for Crit in Savage Leap. It nearly always procs and then my next two AoEs are double damage.

It's great that Brute Savage gets fury-buffed DoTs though. And you have more leeway in hit points to survive between heals, so that's great.

• Like 1