servers are down

PhoenixHawk76

Is there an "official" place that shows server status? Just not sure where I should be looking when I can't log in and can't decide if it's a computer issue or the servers are down.

Mist Weaver (aka Misty)

Level 50 Ill/Storm

"...but I hope they realize you can't run servers like this off your home computers"

Please Everyone, exorcise the greater valor of patience.

I am sure these guys are working hard to get the system restored. This is a labor of love.

How many of you would go to work and tell your boss I am going to work for free because I love my job?

I would not... then again I hate my job! LOL but that's beside the point.

Props and cheers to the Dev/Server team. I know it is not easy work, and long demanding hours.

We will have our time may be a little delayed but.. I am sure this will happen!

:)

...I hope they realize you can't run servers like this off your home computers

Leandro is assisting these guys, and he gave them specific specs for servers... Servers that, when new, cost upwards of 10k USD. Many people are pooling hundreds, and even thousands of euros/quid/bucks/whatever in order to run these, and several of the people doing so are experts... Which is clearly evident since this specific team had the game up and running in 24 hours of getting the code, and have been keeping it surprising stable considering all things. Especially since this shards are getting slapped hard. Also considering the shards have 4k people on them each, and the official ones ran by NCSoft couldn't have more than 1500, and got unstable around 1200.

Technically, you'd be hard pressed to run this for 20 people on a well build home machine. So, yeah, I think they know.

"...but I hope they realize you can't run servers like this off your home computers"

Please Everyone, exorcise the greater valor of patience.

I am sure these guys are working hard to get the system restored. This is a labor of love.

How many of you would go to work and tell your boss I am going to work for free because I love my job?

I would not... then again I hate my job! LOL but that's beside the point.

Props and cheers to the Dev/Server team. I know it is not easy work, and long demanding hours.

We will have our time may be a little delayed but.. I am sure this will happen!

:)

Just to be clear, that wasn't a knock to the team doing this but I'm just hoping that these guys are up to the task of hosting something like this.  Hence, you can't run servers like this on your home computer.  Unlike most games which allow a maximum of 64 players at best, we're talking about thousands of players on one server here.

I can patietly wait as long as they need. I never though I would get to play again as it was, so every bit of time I get is a gift. The best we cn do is let them do what they need to do and not bombard them with complaints.

Thanks for all your work.

-RH