Super Jump: why does it injure?

Techwright

I've long puzzled over this:  super jump powers injure.  Why is that?  To the best of my recollection there is no other super travel power that does so.  It seems weird to penalize players who take this, without penalizing the others in some way.   I realize the injury is usually minor and quickly repaired, but in a near-death escape it could mean the difference between survival or not.  I don't recall any character, villain or hero, in the mainstream comics who utilizes these abilities but with injury.

6 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I've long puzzled over this:  super jump powers injure.  Why is that?  To the best of my recollection there is no other super travel power that does so.  It seems weird to penalize players who take this, without penalizing the others in some way.   I realize the injury is usually minor and quickly repaired, but in a near-death escape it could mean the difference between survival or not.  I don't recall any character, villain or hero, in the mainstream comics who utilizes these abilities but with injury.

Super Jump doesn't injure you.  If you jump from the ground to the ground (or anywhere where your landing point is at the same level or higher than your origin point), you won't be injured.  If you jump such that you come up to your maximum jump height, then land below your origin point, the difference between them is a fall, and you'll take falling damage.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5