Proposed Blaster Secondary: Weapons Expert

Wavicle

I know we just got a new Blaster Secondary, and other ATs probably need attention first, but I had this idea:

Weapons Expert

You are an expert with all One-Handed Weapons and Shields!

At level 1 you carry a Broad Sword, Battle Axe, or War Mace, and at level 4 you can gain Expertise, giving you 3 toggles that let you switch between all 3 at any time and also begin carrying a Shield.

You are a highly mobile, strategic fighter who goes in and out of melee to maximize damage and evade your enemies wrath.

The three keys to really making this work would be:

A. Once you have Expertise, Despite The Odds, Active Offense, Shield Bash, or Wreckless Charge your Shield is added to your costume.

B. When you activate any Weapons Expert ability your Melee Weapon and Shield appear.

If you use your Primary Ranged attacks or most Pool powers your Weapon and Shield go away.
This is just cosmetic of course, so the set will be compatible with all ranged sets, even Bows and Guns.

There would be no redraw automatically on all Weapons Expert abilities.

C. When creating your costume you would select from a Shield category and also from four Melee Weapon categories, one for each Expertise toggle
and one for before you get Expertise (with a list containing Swords, Axes, and Maces all together).

The Powers:

Level 1. Counter Attack
(Melee, Minor Dmg, Foe Immobilize/Repel/Special)

You strike at your opponent with your melee weapon to create distance and keep them back.
Your target is repelled 20 feet and immobilized for 10 seconds. Does minor lethal damage.
Gains a 5% Def Debuff for 5 seconds if Broad Sword Expertise is toggled on.
Gains a 10% chance for Knockdown if Battle Axe Expertise is toggled on.
Gains a 5% chance to Disorient for 2 seconds and damage changes to smashing if War Mace Expertise is toggled on.

Level 2. Swift Blow
(Melee, High Dmg, Special)

Does high lethal damage.
Gains a 5% Def Debuff for 5 seconds if Broad Sword Expertise is toggled on.
Gains a 5% chance to Disorient for 2 seconds and damage changes to smashing if War Mace Expertise is toggled on.

Level 4. Expertise
(Toggle: Weapon selection, Broad Sword/Battle Axe/War Mace, Self +Def)

Gives you a Shield and lets you change weapons at any time by switching between 3 toggles. Each toggle recharges in 10 seconds and costs .26/end per second.
Expertise toggles give you 1.75% Defense to All and alters the effects of Counter Attack, Swift Blow, Riposte, and Shattering Strike.
Adds a 5% Def Debuff for 5 seconds if Broad Sword Expertise is toggled on.
Adds a 10% chance for Knockdown if Battle Axe Expertise is toggled on.
Adds a 5% chance for Disorient for 2 seconds and changes your damage to smashing if War Mace Expertise is toggled on.

Level 10. Despite The Odds
(Ranged AoE, Foe -Dmg, Self +Dmg)

With a shout you attempt to intimidate your enemies and summon your innermost strength.
Debuffs the damage of up to 10 enemies in a 15 foot radius by 7.5% for 15 seconds.
Buffs your damage by 20% for the first enemy and 3.33% for each additional enemy for 15 seconds.

60 foot Range. Recharges in 60 seconds.

Level 16. Riposte
(Melee, Moderate Dmg, Self Teleport, Special)

Does moderate lethal damage. Teleports you backward 40 feet.
Gains a 5% Def Debuff if Broad Sword Expertise is toggled on.
Gains a 5% chance for Disorient for 2 seconds and damage changes to smashing if War Mace Expertise is toggled on.

Level 20. Active Offense
(Self +ToHit, +Regen, -Endurance Costs, Res Stun/Knockback)

Raises your battlefield awareness and resilience.
Recharges in 120 seconds. Lasts 60 seconds.
Gives you 10% ToHit, 225% Regen (half enhanceable), 119% Endurance Discount, 8.3 points of Disorient protection, and 9 points of Knockback protection.

Level 28. Shield Bash
(Melee Cone, Minor Dmg, Disorient/Knockdown)

You swing your shield in a wide arc, striking up to 10 enemies in front of you, disorienting them and possibly knocking them down.
15 foot radius, 180 degree arc.
Disorients enemies for up to 9.5 seconds.

50% chance for Knockdown.

Recharges in 90 seconds.

Level 35. Shattering Strike
(Melee Cone, Superior Dmg, Special)

Does superior lethal damage and can extend through enemies, hitting up to 10 foes.

10 foot radius, 20 degree arc.
Gains a 5% Def Debuff if Broad Sword Expertise is toggled on.
Gains a 5% chance for Disorient and damage changes to smashing if War Mace Expertise is toggled on.

Level 38. Wreckless Charge
(Ranged AoE Superior Dmg, Foe Knockdown, Self Teleport)

Teleports you to your target to knock down and deal significant smashing damage to up to 16 nearby foes.

60 foot Range. Recharges in 90 seconds.

Edited by Wavicle
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 4:54 AM, Wavicle said:

Level 20. Active Offense
(Self +ToHit, +Regen, -Endurance Costs, Res Stun/Knockback)

Raises your battlefield awareness and resilience.
Recharges in 120 seconds. Lasts 60 seconds.
Gives you 10% ToHit, 225% Regen (half enhanceable), 119% Endurance Discount, 8.3 points of Disorient protection, and 9 points of Knockback protection.

Highlight is mine.

Not a fan of providing any kind of Status Protection to Blasters under any circumstances. A break free on a sufficient cooldown, like /Martial Kombat's "Inner Will" I can see. But this looks like perma-able Stun Protection for a blaster. I can't get behind that.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, MTeague said:

Highlight is mine.

Not a fan of providing any kind of Status Protection to Blasters under any circumstances. A break free on a sufficient cooldown, like /Martial Kombat's "Inner Will" I can see. But this looks like perma-able Stun Protection for a blaster. I can't get behind that.

Um, it's already in the game. This is a copy of Blaster>Energy Manipulation>Energize, minus the Heal but with KB protection and +ToHit.

Yea, sorry, maybe you didn't realize there are already blasters with perma Stun protection?

Edited by Wavicle
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Um, it's already in the game. This is a copy of Blaster Energy Manipulation Energize, minus the Heal but with KB protection and +ToHit.

Yea, sorry, maybe you didn't realize there are already blasters with perma Stun protection?

Well. Apparently not. I haven't used Energy Manip in... a long time. (obi wan voice) a long time. 

Not sure I agree with that design either, but.... presumably that was during live?  So if the ship has long since sailed.... OK.  Objection withdrawn. 

• Like 1