Give Black Hole Anti-Repel instead of Phasing

sbloyd

I love what's been done to the Singularity in Gravity Control - the pulling effect.  I was thinking about Black Hole, especially after some folks 'accidentally' have fired it off during recent Mothership Raids and similar situations.

What about taking what has been done with Singularity and apply it to Black Hole?  Take away the phasing effect, and instead have Black Hole do a high-power pulse of Singularity's Anti-Repel, and maybe a disorient effect?  I know *I* would be much more likely to take this power if it did that, rather than its current status.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

Singularity’s effect is balanced by being harder to control (pet movement) and by the enemies being pulled into an AoE KB, so, besides cottage rule concerns, it’d need to be balanced against some other con. Nowhere-near-perma uptime is by best guess.

I'd be happy if they just made the same changes to Black Hole that they made to Dimension Shift. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I know it's a drastic change.  I've just always found that this power, like Dimension Shift before its alteration, and the single target FF phase, is really only good for one thing: trolling.

(I'm sure there are people who use them to good effect, but I ain't one.)

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

1 hour ago, sbloyd said:

I know it's a drastic change.  I've just always found that this power, like Dimension Shift before its alteration, and the single target FF phase, is really only good for one thing: trolling.

(I'm sure there are people who use them to good effect, but I ain't one.)

There was a lengthy period when “caging” was every bit as meta as blasters and empathies in PvP. I’m not sure where they stand on it anymore though. People that have found legit uses for the power as is, of course, are my big concern.