Recent mapserver and lag issues.

Sorry if this issue is discussed elsewhere, I tried to look but my search fu is a bit weak.  Been using the Tequila launcher until recently I got a new computer and switched to the official launcher for homecoming.  Ever since then, despite the fact that my new computer's specs are in everyway superior or at least no worse than my previous one, I have been having regular issues with lag in input, rubberbanding and brief moments of losing connection to mapserver and I'm not sure what's going on or how I might attempt to fix the issue.  I use the same internet service provider as before, same hardware and everything, same location.

The only differences I can really think of on my end is the new PC, and the new launcher.  Even the graphic settings don't seem to help this issue.  Can anybody help me?

Depending on what the differences are between your old PC and the new Shiny One are may give you a few hints. If you didn't have any issues before the change, most likely it is the increased speed and processing power of the new PC is exposing a weakness in the network. Packet loss and Latency are killers with CoH and most other Interactive Connections, Streaming may work perfectly over the same connection because it is buffered. The more info you can give us the easier it may be to find a solution.

What are the Specs of the old and new PC? Was there a change in the Network Card type, say the old was 10/100, and the new is 10/100/1000.

Are you running Wireless or on a wired connection? A newer PC is going to expect a faster connection on Wireless than the old one did, Wired is always better.

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X