Red Side Faction Standing

Herotu

So... I was thinking about a faction standing system.

Might be cool redside, not so much blue side, where heroes are powerful individuals - (a notion that was repeatedly hard-sold to us throughout the 20th century). Villains are usually team players (you know, being reds, communists and all that).

I was wondering if it might be possible to emphasise this by having red side players gain faction standing when they do missions for prominent villains - perhaps they could rise through ranks, like the NPCs do. Maybe they get a temp power depending on their rank - if they rise, they lose that one and get the next one up. Maybe they get an exclusive texture they can put on their outfit to show rank/faction?

- I liked the idea of a character being someone in a faction, not just an outsider who gets merc jobs.

Seems a lot of work, but might be kinda fun?

Edited by Herotu
  • Thumbs Up 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

12 hours ago, Herotu said:

Might be cool redside, not so much blue side, where heroes are powerful individuals - (a notion that was repeatedly hard-sold to us throughout the 20th century). Villains are usually team players (you know, being reds, communists and all that).

I like the idea.but not sure about that. Blue side has TWO super big and important hero teams, The Phalanx and Vindicators. Sure, each member is powerful, as you say..but as a team they are clearly better. Maybe you mean individual because there are only a few missions with more than one?

Redisde basically has one 'team'..Arachnos. Not to mention, being villians, 99% of em are gonna be looking out for themselves..