Lower price to craft common IOs

Especially higher level ones, like 40, 45, and 50. A level 50 Healing IO Costs over 460 THOUSAND inf to craft, and that's assuming you have it and don't buy it from the workbench.

This wouldn't be so horrible (even though a level 50 SO is only 60K from a store), but if you try to sell one on the auction house? Forget it, you'll get 300K for it at best.

Now, I realize that Inventions are supposed to be an INF sink, and the badging part plays a huge role. You want them badges, you gotta craft craft craft! And selling at a loss is expected, especially if you want the auction house selling badges. But at the higher levels, it can cost upwards of SIX MILLION INF in crafting just to get ONE badge! And that's assuming you have the recipes and salvage on-hand, else-wise you're talking more like 12-13 million.

Btw, the portable invention work table? The one you get for having ALL the crafting badges? Only costs 10 million inf at the P2W vendor. So, this tells me that internally, whoever set that price must have assumed that 10 Mil was a "fair trade" for not having to get the associated badge (though tbf, I don't think that includes the 45/50 badges, right?). But given how much financial investment is actually required, 10M is WAY too low. Either that, or the crafting prices are WAY too high.

My suggestion would be that IOs don't cost more than 100x their level to craft. If you want to bump 50s up to twice that, then fine, it would still be a LOT cheaper than what we have now.

/frustrated badger who's trying to not go broke from crafting

Once you've memorized the recipe, though, your crafting cost is cut in half. In fact, that's why the selling price is so low: the sellers are able to make a profit from the puerile who don't want to memorize it or craft for themselves. Once you get them memorized, over time you'll make back everything you "wasted" and more as you sell for a nice profit over your crafting costs.

Anyway, there are [https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,3161.0.html]other methods of making money on the market[/url] that will cover the cost and more of earning that table.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!