Teleport FX?

dtj714

All the other teleport powers (base port, mish port, monitor duty, LRTP) use the FX (animation and color scheme) of the “original” Teleport (standing to arms in a “W” w/ bright flash and purplish background), but the “original” FX of the actual Teleport pool power are now completely different (jump up, arms to W, flash of pure white).

Is this a bug?  If not, then it makes no sense. Even the other powers in the pool use the old animations and/or color scheme.  Can we please get the OG version back?  You know, the one that’s been in the game since Issue 1?

Edit: And before anybody says it, no you can’t even get the colors close w/ a customized scheme. 

Edited by dtj714

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

The teleport pool had it's animations shortened so that it's faster.

There were many changes to the pool, yet they seemed to be able to keep the old FX style for everything BUT Teleport, even the new pool powers (not sure about combat port, but fold space definitely does) and the accolade/prestige powers, despite those having varying activation/animation times. Teleport is now out of sync with every else.

Edited by dtj714

18 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Teleport and Recall Friend are the only ones that were made shorter, I believe. That's why it's no longer the same.

Recall Friend (now consolidated into Teleport Other) has the same FX as before. Fold Space uses the same theme. Somebody with Combat Teleport can speak to that - I’m not going to blow a respec just to test it. All the accolade/prestige powers use the same theme.

Again, Teleport is the only power with FX that don’t match. If the activation was made shorter, couldn’t they just speed up the animation?  Did they really have to change the FX completely, including the colors?  It was unique, in the game since its inception, and the new one is completely out of line with everything else. Sometimes people don’t know when to leave well enough alone…

6 hours ago, dtj714 said:

Recall Friend (now consolidated into Teleport Other) has the same FX as before. Fold Space uses the same theme. Somebody with Combat Teleport can speak to that - I’m not going to blow a respec just to test it. All the accolade/prestige powers use the same theme.

Again, Teleport is the only power with FX that don’t match. If the activation was made shorter, couldn’t they just speed up the animation?  Did they really have to change the FX completely, including the colors?  It was unique, in the game since its inception, and the new one is completely out of line with everything else. Sometimes people don’t know when to leave well enough alone…

I don't know exactly why, but I think there was some difficulty in making the animations shorter without changing them in the ways that are bothering you.

The ultimate decision was that being Way Faster than before was worth the slight animation change. I completely agree with that decision. Teleport is way more fun now than before.