Group Fly and Teleport Idea

Orivon

Both PBs and WSs have always mirrored the Fly and Teleport pools with their own themed versions, many of which are inherent. I have an idea I think would be cool.

Both ATs should have the group travel abilities. PBs have Group Energy Flight but WS don't have Team Teleport. They can both be situationally useful in a team setting (navigating areas like shadow shard, helping lowbies reach new heights - although we get travel powers at lvl 4). Due to Khelds extra power choices and slotting challenges these are some of the last abilities players will opt to get. I feel that these should both be inherent. I doubt it would be game breaking but would fit thematically with the ATs theme of being team oriented (Cosmic Balance/Dark Sustenance) and their selections of Fly and Teleport pools.

Group Energy Flight could be added to the Server Tray for Energy Flight, like Quantum Acceleration, and could be explained as your Peacebringer extending their energy to nearby allies. This could also be mirrored in the Fly pool.

Playing around with names for WSs Team teleport:

Shadow Transit

Quantum Step

Shadow Fold

Shadow Lunge/Leap

Group Shadow Step

Cluster Step

Thoughts?

The WS “mirror” to Group Energy Flight is actually Shadow Cloak. Personally I think it fits the AT better and I’d much rather keep that then get group TP.

So what would replace GEF for PB’s if it was made inherent?

Edited by dtj714

Team TP is still one of my favorite powers that no one takes.

On Live I had PUG teammates absolutely freaking out:

"WTF is happening!?!"

"Relax, we're almost at the mission."

"WHAT R U Doing to me!?!"

"You know there is a toggle, right? 'Prompt for teleport?' You turned it off. Did you read it first?"

Oh, how we laughed. Good times.

Also, it could be seriously useful. TT and Howling Twilight was THE greatest way to recover from a team faceplant.

Now we have ATT, which I also enjoy. But you don't get to watch along as your teammates are dragged through the map, 100 meters/yards at a time.

I would absolutely love to get that for free on my Warshade.

Especially with the new "Hover long enough to be actually useful" changes.

I haven't had a single TP death due to plummeting into peril since the patch!

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Like 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

15 hours ago, dtj714 said:

The WS “mirror” to Group Energy Flight is actually Shadow Cloak. Personally I think it fits the AT better and I’d much rather keep that then get group TP.

So what would replace GEF for PB’s if it was made inherent?

If by mirror you mean unlock at the same time then I think it would be Twilight Shield.. I meant that WS mirror Teleport pool, PS mirror Fly pool.

As far as what would replace it, a group heal or buff. It could be called Radiance, Glowing Aura, Lustrous Aura and you could summon a well of light at a targeted location that provides either a small tohit buff (think of shining light on something helps you see it better) or healing aura. Warshades are all about extracting/absorption, outward->inward. PBs are all about extending essences/radiating light, inward->outward.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orivon said:

Also, giving PBs an additional tohit buff would be on par with the WS changes to Starless Step.

From a standpoint of the ATs, the “mirrors” aren’t always of the same function and/or exact tier. Twilight Shield is obviously the mirror of Quantum Shield, they just happen to be 1 tier different. What’s the PB mirror to Starless Step?  Arguably it’s Proton scatter, even though they have nothing in common except tier.

Anyway, more to the point, right now each AT has 2 inherent and 2 picks in their respective “travel pools”. Give each the team version as an inherent, and now PB’s can have all the utility with 1 pick, while WS’s still need 2.

And, what are the other ATs going to get in exchange for the HEATs now having FOUR INHERENTS compared to their one. Remember, the reason HEATs have the two extra inherents is because they were locked out of the respective regular pools (or vice versa). 

4 hours ago, dtj714 said:

From a standpoint of the ATs, the “mirrors” aren’t always of the same function and/or exact tier. Twilight Shield is obviously the mirror of Quantum Shield, they just happen to be 1 tier different. What’s the PB mirror to Starless Step?  Arguably it’s Proton scatter, even though they have nothing in common except tier.

Anyway, more to the point, right now each AT has 2 inherent and 2 picks in their respective “travel pools”. Give each the team version as an inherent, and now PB’s can have all the utility with 1 pick, while WS’s still need 2.

And, what are the other ATs going to get in exchange for the HEATs now having FOUR INHERENTS compared to their one. Remember, the reason HEATs have the two extra inherents is because they were locked out of the respective regular pools (or vice versa). 

I think we're still misunderstanding each other about what I meant by "mirroring." It has nothing to do with the relationship of Warshades to Peacebringers but those ATs and their respective travel powers to the standard travel powers in the power pools. In my earlier comparisons was I just using the ATs themes to come up with solutions for powers.

The other ATs don't need to get anything. HEATs are supposed to be "epic" archetypes. I was just suggesting the teams ones they may be lacking (WS team tp) and those that are often not taken (PB group fly). They already have less powers to worry about which is almost a blessing because our Khelds often have several powers fighting over enhancement slots (and my idea is to give them more powers? albeit for free). I'm trying not to suggest too much as I prefer how the game was at closing and I don't know the limitations of the coding etc... one could even go as far as to suggest all the travel related powers in the khelds sets could be inherent.