Right Click to turn advice

DrZeus

To turn and move the camera I use the right click.  And that's fine when soloing.

But when in a group - especially as a melee character this doesn't work well because right click does two things: it changes your orientation and camera, and it also clicks on a character, enemy or even a dead body or NPC.  So in a large group I try to turn and I often find I can't.  I right click and instead of turning I just get a window because there is - anything there.  A dead body, enemy, another character, and I may not even know they are there.  Often I right click, see the dialogue box, have to click out of it to make it go away, try to turn again, and do this three or four times before there doesn't happen to be a hit box where I'm right clicking.

I don't remember having this issue on live, but I admit I didn't play the last year or so when they started to make a lot of changes.  My memory could be fuzzy.  Is there a way to turn off the ability to select a MOB when right clicking?  Or is there a different button I could adapt to using to turn?  What am I not remembering?

I use a different button to turn - the middle mouse button or one of the side buttons on a 5-button mouse. I've been doing that since Issue 3 or 4 when I quit a TF or kicked someone from it by right clicking and selecting the worst option. I don't know of any way to disable the context menu, so my solution is not to right click anything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pengy said:

I use a different button to turn - the middle mouse button or one of the side buttons on a 5-button mouse. I've been doing that since Issue 3 or 4 when I quit a TF or kicked someone from it by right clicking and selecting the worst option. I don't know of any way to disable the context menu, so my solution is not to right click anything.

Same here. I use my middle button to turn the camera. I don't even remember why I started doing it on Live. Might even be the same reason, lol.