Just curious

ACFU

I doubt too many will say much if anything, I know a couple of them have acknowledge that this is all happening, but anybody who wants to look good for employers for current or future jobs would likely not wanna touch on it as it would look weird.

Why? They're no longer even with the company that developed it. The product is officially dead, so it's not like Homecoming is competing with the owners' business. I would think it would be a positive mark that they would be openly happy to see the project they loved so much kept alive by its fans after the publisher killed it.

The code had to leak from somewhere inside Paragon Studios or NC Soft, so any employee saying anything has the potential to put themselves at risk of civil and/or criminal charges depending on specifics and the country in which the leak took place. Plus future potential employers likely wouldn't look to kindly on a developer that leaked a company's code. Too much risk without any potential reward.

I doubt too many will say much if anything, I know a couple of them have acknowledge that this is all happening, but anybody who wants to look good for employers for current or future jobs would likely not wanna touch on it as it would look weird.

Why? They're no longer even with the company that developed it. The product is officially dead, so it's not like Homecoming is competing with the owners' business. I would think it would be a positive mark that they would be openly happy to see the project they loved so much kept alive by its fans after the publisher killed it.

The code isn’t officially dead.  NCSoft still holds all the copyrights and trademarks.  So what we are doing is not 100% above board.  I wouldn’t want any of my employees or future employees endorsing something that is questionable at best.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting