The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Question about locations in storyline

Palehood

I heard there's an alternate world in the COH game. So the Villain places like St. Martial,Sharkhead Isle,Nova Praetoria,Port Oakes and Mercy Island (that can freely be accessed by you) is part of that alternate world?Or are they part of the real world(gamewise that is 😄 ) while the other alternate world must be accessed through missions?

Edited by Palehood

24 minutes ago, Palehood said:

I heard there's an alternate world in the COH game. So the Villain places like St. Martial,Sharkhead Isle,Nova Praetoria,Port Oakes and Mercy Island (that can freely be accessed by you) is part of that alternate world?Or are they part of the real world(gamewise that is 😄 ) while the other alternate world must be accessed through missions?

You're asking for a bit of spoilers here, but I'll keep it to a minimum. 

The villain/red side area, known as the Rogue Islands, is part of the Prime universe of COH.  In the Prime world, the Rogue Islands are their own sovereignty and sit in the Atlantic southeast of Rhode Island and Paragon City.

There's actually many alternate worlds in City of Heroes.  Most of these are one-off missions accessed through...well...the storylines will reveal the various means.  I will point out however, that some of those alternates can be accessed easily via the spinning gold disks protected by certain sentinels standing next to the foot of certain elevated train stations.

But what you're most likely referencing is the Praetorian universe.  As players can start new characters there, it is referred to as the "gold side" of the game.  Praetoria has its own city, zones, missions, and storyline.  As the blue and red sides progress, opportunities will open to cross universes and participate in Praetorian stories.  Likewise, gold side players will eventually be able to access the Prime universe as their characters progress.

EDIT:  I will point out that there is one out-of-this-world place you should be able to access immediately:  Pocket D - a large nightclub/ski resort/architect holosuite zone you can access through various means.  It is essentially a pocket dimension anchored to both the Prime and Praetorian universes via certain dimensional doors.  If you're on the blue side, try going to Kings Row, find the service truck a bit west of the central north-south road, and open the back doors to hop through.  There should be Pocket D posters on or near it.

Edited by Techwright
Added Pocket D info
  • Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Techwright said:

If you're on the blue side, try going to Kings Row, find the service truck a bit west of the central north-south road, and open the back doors to hop through.

Even easier to find is the truck immediately east of City Hall.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)