NEW EMOTES: Smoking, Drinking Wine & Beer

Having emotes for drinking wine, drinking beer, and smoking a cigar or cigarette would be huge. I see situations literally on a daily basis in Pocket D or other RP hubs where they would be used by roleplayers for greater immersion and enhanced scenes. What good are 1001 bars, clubs, and taverns if players can't drink a bottle of beer or a glass of wine while shooting the breeze. Who hasn't wanted to put a nice cold one in the hand of their world-weary super or take the edge off with a nice cigarette? Or hold a glass of whiskey to show that times have been tough...or Mr. Indestructible just has a drinking problem.

Here's my actionable proposal:

Naming

/e wine
- Player drinks a glass of red wine
/e beer
- Player drinks a bottle of beer
/e whiskey
- Player drinks a glass of brown-colored spirits
/e smoke
- Player smokes a cigarette
Animations
Either copied from the NPCs that already have the emote, such as smoking, or for bespoke animations, there are plenty of very talented animators on Fiverr or other gig sites for very affordable prices. I am sure the community, myself included, would be very willing to shell out like $20 for a couple emote animations.
Models/Meshes/Textures
We already have all of the above in-game.

There would be virtually no impact on performance, the development overhead should be very low, and the projection for player adoption and use is very large.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Edited by AbraCadavre
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cool idea.  Seems easy enough to implement with existing assets.  As a dedicated beer-drinker IRL, I've often wanted to RP kicking back with a cold one, in-game.  I also run a fair number of toons that smoke cigars (although, oddly, unlike beer, I loathe the smell of tobacco IRL and have never smoked anything.  Go figure).

1 hour ago, Triumphant said:

Cool idea.  Seems easy enough to implement with existing assets.  As a dedicated beer-drinker IRL, I've often wanted to RP kicking back with a cold one, in-game.  I also run a fair number of toons that smoke cigars (although, oddly, unlike beer, I loathe the smell of tobacco IRL and have never smoked anything.  Go figure).

I thought for sure this was a tired issue, but I was shocked - shocked! - that I couldn't find any evidence that this has been suggested yet on Discord or the forums. This just seems like a no brainer to me.