Crusading advice: A knight in the making.

blackboy

Alright, here's my issue I'm trying to create a crusading paladin with shield defense what archetype (Brute,Scrapper, and Tanker) and weapon (Broad Sword and War Mace) is best suited for a paladin to spread the word of his holy king.

If you want to play with a shield, you'll apparently get the most bang for your buck on a Scrapper due to how damage is calculated for Shield Charge and because they have a greater base damage for Against All Odds to enhance. The set should perform adequately for any AT but it stands out more on Scrappers.

As for BS or WM, I don't really know. The differences are chance to stun vs -def, a heavy-hitting single-target stun vs Parry, and doing smashing vs lethal damage. I think WM has better single-target damage and smashing damage is resisted slightly less than lethal, while Parry synergises with your defenses.

I feel like maces and hammers are more classically associated with the RPG/comic-book paladin so why not try that out.

I played Warmace, an underloved set, back on live to 50 on a tank.  Found it far better than i had been lead to believe.  Disorient isnt much till you stun that ‘I hate that minion type’ minion before it ruins your day, smash is resisted less than lethal, and youve got one -very- fast, -very- nasty attack.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute