Lvl 54 Carnies ArchVillain vs solo Dark/Dark Dominator

Voltak

• 2 months later
1 hour ago, paco6381 said:

Nice!  I wonder what a secondary with not so mediocre damage would do!

Who says Dark assault's, one out of 11 assault sets, who says the dmg is mediocre compared to the other 11 ?

What are they basing that on?

😜😜

16 hours ago, feanuax said:

do you have your build on Mids? I would like to see the Breakdown! awesome job by the way!! I have never played a Dom and Im looking for advice to make one... Thanks

Thank you very much for the nice comment.  That's cool. 

I you have never played a Dominator I suggest you grind one out from 1 to 50.  Dominators are not easiest class to play especially without permanent domination, in fact, before perma Dom, it's difference is immense. 

The build while grinding and end game is also very different.  I have 3 builds for endgame, one of them being very flexible for exempting down to much lower levels.  However, even that's very different since when I exempt down I still have powers that are within the +5 levels range. 

Dominators are a finesses class, and they demand smart tactics and strategies since those will become crucial as you confront tougher foes. 

Good news is that Dark Control iS EASY EASY to solo with as you level up, as easy as it comes indeed. 

Edited by Voltak

16 hours ago, Andreah said:

I'd like to try a dark/dark dom, but I've been put off by the sheer number of active attack powers (which may be true of any dominator?). It looks like it would be very busy and perhaps complicated. 

Thoughts?

What powers you use depend on, but are not limited to, the following -->

What tactics you want to employ to engage the enemies or complete the mission objectives

Depends also on your defensive numbers (because this may influence what tactics or strategies you use)

What level you are on any given mission or task force or strike force

It may be influenced by what you consistently team with ( if you have a partner or a group that you consistently team with) 

-------------------------------

One specific example

When I worked my build to be able to solo the ITF, I began with the end in mind - what I need to do ?  What tactics I will use to get each phase done? 
What defensive numbers I need for those strategies and tactics ?
That determines what powers I will use and how I will use them. 
That also helps me determine what IOs I want. 

Edited by Voltak

• 4 months later
  • 4 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
On 4/29/2022 at 10:44 AM, Voltak said:

I was away from the game, and I took a break from the forums as well.  

Yes, the build is also posted here 

I'll admit that I'm particularly curious about your exemping friendly build since it's one of my favorite things to do, and I've recently fired up a dark/dark dom.

3 hours ago, Brigadiar said:

I'll admit that I'm particularly curious about your exemping friendly build since it's one of my favorite things to do, and I've recently fired up a dark/dark dom.

Yes, the build, which one do you have?  I know at least 2 of my builds are exemp-down friendly. 
I love to exemp-down and play flashback missions too.