Looking for a Sav/Dark end game build

Nightstrider

1 minute ago, Nightstrider said:

I did find the build in the Savage melee brute thread. Is Cloak of Fear not good? I see it being skipped in multiple dark armor builds. I like the idea/look of it though.

Cloak of Fear is fine, but oppressive gloom costs less to run and is more effective at mitigation and eclipses Cloak of Fear, which is endurance expensive and needs heavy slotting for the most benefit (Oppressive Gloom can run on a single accuracy enhancement and still be effective and endurance efficient).  Most of the time you just don't need both, but that doesn't mean if you like the power you have to skip one, you can always take them both and work your build around that.

Through my many, many dark armor builds I've never found Cloak of Fear particularly useful and almost always end up respeccing out of it in favor of just running Oppressive Gloom, but you can always test this for yourself and see if it's worth the extra endurance and slots to run (test server probably still gives you freebies to immediate level 50 + free enhancements so you can try anything there and see if you like it). Running both will certainly give you more mitigation, but how much more and how much actual survival difference you will see in play is the thing to look out for.

With most powers, if you haven't played with them yet it's always a good idea to at least try them yourself and use up some respecs if you have to (respecs are plentiful and easy to get), instead of just taking someone's word for it. You might be surprised and really like a power that is often skipped by other people, and I suggest this even though I personally find Cloak of Fear pretty lackluster.

• Like 1