Hovertank sentinel - dark / invul / psi with maxed life & layered defenses

EnjoyTheJourney

Other ATs trying to tank tends to get the "Why not play a real tank if you'd like to tank?" response. Which is a reasonable question to ask. Still, below is a theorycrafted "hovertank sentinel" build intended for exemp'd and endgame play (Incarnate trials, Cimerora, TFs & SFs, ...). Its key defensive features are maxed life, high defenses to most damage types, middling to high resists, multiple sources of healing, and to hit debuffing of mobs through primary attacks. There are also two absorb procs, with one in an AOE that could trigger a fair number of absorb shield activations. 

There are plenty here with more experience playing sentinels than me. Does this pass the "would probably generally do OK in-game" test? Also, this looks like it leads to DPS in the low to middling 200s range, with incarnates engaged. But, looks can be deceiving. Others with more experience might be able to figure that out just by looking at the powers and their recharge times. And, I'm curious about how much DPS has likely been given away by selecting life drain over antiumbral beam; if it would really bump DPS up then it might be best to drop life drain and boost DPS instead with antiumbral beam. Also, would selecting dark blast lead to a noticeably smoother / better attack chain than gloom?

Thank you in advance for any help provided. 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Dark Blast
Secondary Power Set: Invulnerability
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Presence
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Gloom -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(7)
Level 1: Temp Invulnerability -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5), UnbGrd-Max HP%(5)
Level 2: Resist Physical Damage -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 4: Durability -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(7), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(9), PrfShf-End%(9)
Level 6: Umbral Torrent -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(21), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(25), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 8: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Dull Pain -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(11), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/Rchg(13), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(15), Prv-Absorb%(23)
Level 12: Dark Obliteration -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(50)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), WntGif-ResSlow(45), Ksm-ToHit+(23), Rct-ResDam%(40)
Level 16: Unyielding -- GldArm-End/Res(A)
Level 18: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(19), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(21), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 20: Environmental Resistance -- GldArm-ResDam(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(39), RedFrt-Def(50)
Level 26: Life Drain -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(42), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(43), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(27), Dcm-Build%(27)
Level 28: Invincible -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def(34)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 32: Blackstar -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Arm-Dam%(37), Arm-Dmg(37)
Level 35: Tough Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36), ShlWal-Def(36)
Level 38: Mind Probe -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Dominate -- GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(A), GldJvl-Dam%(42), Apc-Dam%(42), UnbCns-Dam%(43), NrnSht-Dam%(46), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(46)
Level 44: Provoke -- Acc-I(A), Taunt-I(48)
Level 47: Pacify -- Acc-I(A)
Level 49: Unrelenting -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal(50)
Level 1: Opportunity 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(29), Mrc-Rcvry+(29)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(31), PwrTrns-+Heal(31)
Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon 
------------

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

Looks quite solid.  You are way over max-HP when you have the accolades, but I don't see a fix for it.

Some minor suggestions:

2 slot Provoke with Perfect Zinger for some Psi/Toxic resist

Replace Decimation-BuildUp with a Dmg proc, the BU is too unreliable

• Thanks 1

You're right about hit points being way over max. That makes choosing the 7.5% +life IO an odd pick. It may also change some other slotting choices, which I'll ponder. 

It's definitely appealing to 2-slot Perfect Zinger in provoke. But, endgame Cims at max notoriety can have such high defense levels that acc needs to be really high, which tips the scale in favor of foregoing the set bonus and going for high accuracy instead.  

Replacing the decimation proc seems like a good suggestion.

Thank you for the feedback. It's helpful and appreciated.