GenCon 2021 and CoH.

Hyperstrike

Okay I need to apologize.
But due to the truncated information pipeline and scheduling for GenCon 2021, there won't be a meet & greet this year.

However, I WILL be at the con this year.

I'll be with Catalyst Game Labs.
So if you wanna look me up and say "hi", I'll be at their booths.

1603, 1611 and 1703
Exhibitor Map

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

• 1 month later

It was in September this year.

Was actually kinda nice.

Con capacity was limited to 35K (about half).
The weather, while still WARM, was a great deal cooler than it normally is in early August (sweat your balls off and THEN the sun comes up).
Also, we had fewer truckloads of equipment and product.  Normally we see about 17 truckloads come in and about 12 going out.
This year we had 10 coming in and 8 going out.
Lost a little time this year, one of our drivers ripped a side mirror off a brand new truck and didn't report it.  So we had to sideline him.
And the Penske in the area didn't have a replacement part because the truck was so new.
But they had another 2022 in the yard waiting on other work.  So they just stole the mirror off that one.
90 minutes and done.

The only ballbuster was the highway construction.  Indy finally got around to rebuilding an interchange they'd FOOBAR'ed about 10 years ago.  When they put the interchange in, they'd screwed up the road heights, so they were anywhere from 12-18 inches too high.  And trucks were ripping their tops off with regularity.
They resurfaced them after 2 years to bring it down about 6 inches.  But it was still a nightmare.
The new interchange should fix this permanently.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later
On 10/23/2021 at 1:53 PM, Hyperstrike said:

IThe only ballbuster was the highway construction.  Indy finally got around to rebuilding an interchange they'd FOOBAR'ed about 10 years ago.  When they put the interchange in, they'd screwed up the road heights, so they were anywhere from 12-18 inches too high.  And trucks were ripping their tops off with regularity.
They resurfaced them after 2 years to bring it down about 6 inches.  But it was still a nightmare.
The new interchange should fix this permanently.

What interchange was that?

I live in Indy in the last half of the 1990s.  Loved the city, highly underrated.  And interestingly, I remember a truck plowing into and damaging a I-465 bridge on the northwest side not far from the "Pyramids". 

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

What interchange was that?

I live in Indy in the last half of the 1990s.  Loved the city, highly underrated.  And interestingly, I remember a truck plowing into and damaging a I-465 bridge on the northwest side not far from the "Pyramids". 

The I70-I65 interchange just east of Lucas Oil Stadium.

• Thumbs Up 1