Staff Fighting/Electric Armor

USCI

Staff is a REALLY fun set play wise and style (if that's your thing).  Sadly, Staff is numerically (DPS wise) the worst performing melee set in the game. If that isn't something you care about, you're gonna have a really good time. The set feels and looks fantastic. Luckily, Electric Armor is one of the best armor sets in the game. The ONLY downside (and this is personal opinion) about ElA on scrappers is a lack of taunt aura. Once again, if this doesn't concern you, good pick. And if you dig the aesthetics of it too? Hell yeah.

And I have to wonder. If OMG MAX DPS isn't your main concern, Staff seems to go really well on a tanker due to one of it's stances. That an option? ElA/Staff tanker would be a serious meaty beast that would have a hard time dying. You would be able to max out SLFCE (and I think psi?) resists with minimal investment and hit SL defense soft cap fairly easy, if not other types of damage soft caps.

12 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

Staff is a REALLY fun set play wise and style (if that's your thing).  Sadly, Staff is numerically (DPS wise) the worst performing melee set in the game. If that isn't something you care about, you're gonna have a really good time. The set feels and looks fantastic. Luckily, Electric Armor is one of the best armor sets in the game. The ONLY downside (and this is personal opinion) about ElA on scrappers is a lack of taunt aura. Once again, if this doesn't concern you, good pick. And if you dig the aesthetics of it too? Hell yeah.

And I have to wonder. If OMG MAX DPS isn't your main concern, Staff seems to go really well on a tanker due to one of it's stances. That an option? ElA/Staff tanker would be a serious meaty beast that would have a hard time dying. You would be able to max out SLFCE (and I think psi?) resists with minimal investment and hit SL defense soft cap fairly easy, if not other types of damage soft caps.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you look at it), this is a thematic build.  I never decide first what is the "OMG MAX DPS" version, but rather what AT should this character be and what should their powersets be?  This toon is a non-enhanced human who makes due with a costumed armor set, so she's meant to take some damage from time to time.  As for the taunt aura, I do have lightening field which I consider a faux taunt to keep some attention on me and it makes it a challenge to try and hold it.

Thanks for the kudos!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

I like the resist percentages you squeezed from your slotting. Can probably get similar numbers with less slots devoted, by adding Shield Wall and Reactive Defense uniques to your build.

I've swapped slots and enhancements around quite a bit, but the problem falls in that there are no defense powers in the secondary; rather, I'm having to rely on the pools to get that.  I could trade that off, but I would have to ditch the LotG global recharge.  I did take the Shield Wall and put it in Combat Jumping, swapping out the LotG Defense enhancement.

Thanks!