Bio Armor Adaptation text

Ukase

When looking at detailed info for Offensive Adaptation on my Bio Armor brute, I read this: While Offensive Adaptation is active your Defense and Damage Resistance is reduced slightly.

image.png.fb52f639986cb247a51706aded40336b.png 

Pictured above is without using adaptation. 
image.png.b942d08c736aab4959ead779ab3096a9.png

This is using offensive adaptation, as shown. While 6% is fairly nominal if you're looking at the 90% resist cap, for a level 10, this is over 20%. 
I'm sure it's working as intended, but I wouldn't consider 20% a "slight" reduction. 

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

When looking at detailed info for Offensive Adaptation on my Bio Armor brute, I read this: While Offensive Adaptation is active your Defense and Damage Resistance is reduced slightly.

image.png.fb52f639986cb247a51706aded40336b.png 

Pictured above is without using adaptation. 
image.png.b942d08c736aab4959ead779ab3096a9.png

This is using offensive adaptation, as shown. While 6% is fairly nominal if you're looking at the 90% resist cap, for a level 10, this is over 20%. 
I'm sure it's working as intended, but I wouldn't consider 20% a "slight" reduction. 

The game generally refers to amounts, descriptively, in absolute, not relative terms.  For example, set bonuses are a "small" resistance bonus or whatever.  Doesn't matter if that's your whole entire resist attribute, and thus taking it away takes away 100% of your resist, it's still small.  Or if a power does "moderate" damage, it's still moderate if it's your very best damaging attack that you have.

In any case, I don't think it makes sense for you to think of this as "20% of my resistance."  Here's the deal:

If you get attacked by a Smashing attack that does 100 base damage while adaptation is off, you take 71.93 damage.

If you get attacked by a Smashing attack that does 100 base damage while offensive adaptation is on, you take 77.33 damage.

That seems like a pretty small difference to me.