Assault Rifle / Temp - Worth it?

Koven

I know that just about anything can be made to function effectively, and a lot of builds are personal choices for different reasons. I just never see any AR blasters, and I'm having a hard time even finding builds that use them (with exception to a couple that use Devices... which I don't like).

Before I really get going on this, is AR/Temp even worth it overall? I have an Archery/Tactical Arrow that I really enjoy. I also have a Pain/DP Defender that I like. Just not sure if AR/Temp synergizes or works well.

Anyone use this build? I'm really trying to find something that doesn't have a billion buttons or abilities to use, but can still blow the house down without too much huff and puff.

Now that they reduced the casting time on Full Auto and Ignite you now only have time to get a drink while the animation happens instead of having time to go to the grocery store (4sec to 2 and 2.5 sec cast time and even then it's still on the long side), the main problem with Assault Rifle is still there:

It doesn't have Build Up. Pairing it with Devices is even worst... that one doesn't have Aim... People do it for thematic reasons (ie: Duke Nukem/Rambo cosplays) more so that it being good. 
The lack of Build-Up, Lethal being the most resisted type in the game and the awful animation times on the powers just makes it a bad set for anyone not looking to cosplay as GI Joe.

If you want to play Assault Rifle, have a look at a Gun Crab build, you get all the gun shoot pew pew action AND Venom Grenade which is one of the best powers in the game

Edited by Seigmoraig

6 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

Now that they reduced the casting time on Full Auto and Ignite you now only have time to get a drink while the animation happens instead of having time to go to the grocery store (4sec to 2 and 2.5 sec cast time and even then it's still on the long side), the main problem with Assault Rifle is still there:

It doesn't have Build Up. Pairing it with Devices is even worst... that one doesn't have Aim... People do it for thematic reasons (ie: Duke Nukem/Rambo cosplays) more so that it being good. 
The lack of Build-Up, Lethal being the most resisted type in the game and the awful animation times on the powers just makes it a bad set for anyone not looking to cosplay as GI Joe.

If you want to play Assault Rifle, have a look at a Gun Crab build, you get all the gun shoot pew pew action AND Venom Grenade which is one of the best powers in the game

Thanks for this info! I really appreciate it!