Crab backpack doesn't show up in world

Brawlin

Not entirely sure if this is a bug but when I try and use the crab backpack on a character that isn't a arachnos soldier It will show up in costume creator but not when I finalize the costume and go in world. It doesn't show up and removes itself.

If this is not bug I find it odd that its even a option at all for characters that are not a arachnos soldier.

I like to fight.

The backpack is always strange unless you select the crab power and in slot #1 . 

I avoid the crab back as i find it annoying and i have the crab spider build too.

Costumes - Unofficial Homecoming Wiki (cityofheroes.dev) (see crab back pack further down the page)

Edited by starro
clarified

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

I guess I did not clarify my problem, I am a energy rifle/devices blaster. When I go to the costume creator the crab backpack is listed as available. When I put it on my costume and finalize it, the backpack doesnt show up in-world.

If this is not a bug and its intended I find it misleading that its a option at all.

I like to fight.

Oh yaaah, it’s totally weird like that…. I am fuzzy memory but I want to say this piece is tied to a specific power set selection at level 20(?) all the way back to live.  I do not think this is the result of homecoming freeing up all the costume pieces to appear on the model otherwise previously locked up with vet rewards or other barriers. 

I will test this weekend, copy my spider/make new to test server.  My soldier/bane had that experience last spring where I just wanted to go around with these crab spider arms. It was a pain.  I finally got it after respecting to crab build and then I hated the bobbing arms when running. I also found the powers lacking which is funny because I thought I had a more fun crab on live. 

I think I still only got it to work in slot 1.

I also want to copy my widow body suit outside of slot 1 but I just don’t see the option with that old VEAT archetype either.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

• 1 year later