Anyone Have a Kickass Empathy/Water Build?

00Troy00

No build as I have no functional computer currently but I can give you a run down on the Empathy side of things.  No practical experience with Water Blast but afaik any solid build using Water Blast should do fine as there's no real interaction between the Empathy primary and a Blast secondary.   I'd be focused on recharge set bonuses in the blasts so Decimation, Positron's, Purple sets, Superior Vigilant Assault.  Mitigation is coming from, in no particular order or priority: inspires, teammates, Epic shields and keeping the Auras (especially RegenAura) on minimal cool down (hence the focus on recharge it helps keep you and your team upright) and maintaining mobility.  With RegenAura running plus the above you're quite durable. 

Healing Aura and Heal Other --> 1 gets 6 slots for Preventative Medicine, the other gets 5 slots either Doctored Wounds or Panacea.  For both prioritize the heal and recharge values, endurance is, at least in mature build nearly irrelevant owing to Recovery Aura.

Absorb Pain --> I haven't taken this in a long, long, time.  As in pre-invention times.  If HO+Fortitude+RegenAura+/- HA isn't keeping them upright it's very unlikely that adding AP to the mix will do so.  Keep in mind that you should be sitting at ~300% recharge (100 in power, 200 or so global) while HO has a base recharge of 4 seconds and HA sits at 8 seconds.  If you really want to give it a try it's another spot for Doctored Wounds or Panacea (or just 2 Heal IOs boosted by +5).

Resurrect --> another I pretty much always skip.  Between inspires, temp powers, *cough* better Rez powers, self rezzing, etc., it's pretty much a wasted power choice.  Give them a wakie if they don't have one, CM, Fort, HO and tell em to get back in there 😋.

Clear Mind --> 1 slot and basically doesn't matter what you slot.  I like to put a range in there for 'that one guy' that always seems to be way the hell over there when they get mezzed.  It's solid against pretty much every mez in the game and pretty much no armor set, never mind everyone else, has protection against everything i.e. Terrorize and Confuse in particular come to mind.  Take it, use it and do so early unless you're never going to exemp.

Fortitude --> anywhere from 3 to 6 slots.  At 3 slots I like 2 Membrane HOs plus 1 LotG def/increased global rchg.  At 6 slots there's 5 Red Fortune and 1 LotG def/increased global rchg.   And a bunch of other options.

Recovery Aura --> 2 or 3 slots typically.  2 slots for a pair of +5 boosted Recharge IOs or 1 recharge IO and 2 × Endmod/recharge IOs.

Regeneration Aura --> 5 slots Doctored Wounds or Panacea.  I try to keep this and Recovery Aura synced up with similar cool downs mostly because it'll mean one less thing to remember.  When ones ready the other is. Get where you want, 2 clicks and done.

Adrenaline Boost --> 5 slots Doctored Wounds or Panacea.

6 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

No build as I have no functional computer currently but I can give you a run down on the Empathy side of things.  No practical experience with Water Blast but afaik any solid build using Water Blast should do fine as there's no real interaction between the Empathy primary and a Blast secondary.   I'd be focused on recharge set bonuses in the blasts so Decimation, Positron's, Purple sets, Superior Vigilant Assault.  Mitigation is coming from, in no particular order or priority: inspires, teammates, Epic shields and keeping the Auras (especially RegenAura) on minimal cool down (hence the focus on recharge it helps keep you and your team upright) and maintaining mobility.  With RegenAura running plus the above you're quite durable. 

Healing Aura and Heal Other --> 1 gets 6 slots for Preventative Medicine, the other gets 5 slots either Doctored Wounds or Panacea.  For both prioritize the heal and recharge values, endurance is, at least in mature build nearly irrelevant owing to Recovery Aura.

Absorb Pain --> I haven't taken this in a long, long, time.  As in pre-invention times.  If HO+Fortitude+RegenAura+/- HA isn't keeping them upright it's very unlikely that adding AP to the mix will do so.  Keep in mind that you should be sitting at ~300% recharge (100 in power, 200 or so global) while HO has a base recharge of 4 seconds and HA sits at 8 seconds.  If you really want to give it a try it's another spot for Doctored Wounds or Panacea (or just 2 Heal IOs boosted by +5).

Resurrect --> another I pretty much always skip.  Between inspires, temp powers, *cough* better Rez powers, self rezzing, etc., it's pretty much a wasted power choice.  Give them a wakie if they don't have one, CM, Fort, HO and tell em to get back in there 😋.

Clear Mind --> 1 slot and basically doesn't matter what you slot.  I like to put a range in there for 'that one guy' that always seems to be way the hell over there when they get mezzed.  It's solid against pretty much every mez in the game and pretty much no armor set, never mind everyone else, has protection against everything i.e. Terrorize and Confuse in particular come to mind.  Take it, use it and do so early unless you're never going to exemp.

Fortitude --> anywhere from 3 to 6 slots.  At 3 slots I like 2 Membrane HOs plus 1 LotG def/increased global rchg.  At 6 slots there's 5 Red Fortune and 1 LotG def/increased global rchg.   And a bunch of other options.

Recovery Aura --> 2 or 3 slots typically.  2 slots for a pair of +5 boosted Recharge IOs or 1 recharge IO and 2 × Endmod/recharge IOs.

Regeneration Aura --> 5 slots Doctored Wounds or Panacea.  I try to keep this and Recovery Aura synced up with similar cool downs mostly because it'll mean one less thing to remember.  When ones ready the other is. Get where you want, 2 clicks and done.

Adrenaline Boost --> 5 slots Doctored Wounds or Panacea.

Thanks for the input!