DP/Time or Time/DP

Jolin

Posted in both corruptor and here. Though I might give different answers :).

Hi all!

One of my last "mains" back in the day was a Time/dp defender time agent concept from the future.

As I'm thinking about remaking him, I'm asking myself, why not corruptor? So I figured I would ask here. I understand the differences, but not some of the more subtle things about sets. For example, I missed shields damage bonus is much better in a scrapper than a brute. Not a game changing mistake, but enough to ask before progressing too far this time haha.

Thanks, Jolin

Same as any other sets for Defender/Corruptor debate. Do you want to do more damage or Buff/Debuff/Heal better?

You go Defender if you're "all in" as a support. You don't care about damage and you just want to be the best support you can be. And you don't intend to solo much.

You go Corruptor if you want to do damage primarily, and also be able to give support, when you feel like it. You go Corruptor if you intend or expect to do any significant amount of soloing.

No hidden tricks in Time or DP that would make one better than the other, but the one thing a lot of people don't realize is that even the secondary debuff effect on your blast set is stronger for Defenders than Corruptors. So since DP is indeed a debuffing blast set, if you want to get the maximum amount of -damage or -recharge out of it, Defender is where you go. With the obvious caveat that you're giving up a lot of damage to get it.