Mental Manipulation

FutureTails21

I really wanted to use Mental manipulation, but it doesn't have a recovery toggle like most Blaster secondary powersets. I know I can use Drain Psyche, but I don't want to get up close to an enemy every 30 seconds just to have recovery. I think it would be better to have recovery on a toggle like on World of Confusion maybe?

All of the original blaster secondaries were reworked to add endurance and health recovery in some way, largely because of Drain Psyche.  In some ways they have surpassed MM, but it's hard to beat the -regen that it applies to enemies.   

I prefer that they take different paths for the sustain powers.  Otherwise we are all playing the same powers with different animations.  

I will admit that it can be dangerous to get into melee, in order to apply the buff and debuff.   It is not for the faint of heart.  If you want to stay ranged, sadly MM is not the secondary for you. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Agreed with TNT.  If all the sets were similar, it'd get boring quick.  Mental manipulation is a great set and I encourage you to try it.  Yes, you'll go into melee range, but many mobs like to charge ranged ATs anyway, so it's difficult to stay 100% ranged all the time. 

And given you'll be in melee some... build up your defenses with power pools, set bonuses, and such.  Also, using your control powers greatly increases your survivability too.  I have a DP/Mental and an Ice/Fire blaster, well, even my Energy/Martial blaster too - who all live in the center of mobs and devastates them with all the PBAOEs and AOEs, then rushes to the next mob to do it all over again. 

It's fun to adapt my playstyle to how the powers perform and build to strengthen weaknesses/gaps (imo).  I hope you'll try it.