mazoku

Hey all I made this toon years ago on live with the goal of one day being able to solo AV's with it. Well after getting over my alt-itis I'd really like to finish this build. The goal of this toon is to be a grounded Superhero with no Superpowers hence the power selection. Any help with the build is encouraged but please keep the pools realistic i.e no Magic etc. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Mazoku: Level 50 Natural Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Martial Arts
Secondary Power Set: Willpower
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Storm Kick -- Dmg-I(A)
Level 1: High Pain Tolerance -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(3), TtnCtn-EndRdx/Rchg(3), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), TtnCtn-ResDam(46), TtnCtn-EndRdx(50)
Level 2: Mind Over Body -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(5), TtnCtn-EndRdx/Rchg(7), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), TtnCtn-ResDam(21), TtnCtn-EndRdx(36)
Level 4: Cobra Strike -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(9), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(9), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(11), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(11)
Level 6: Focus Chi -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Fast Healing -- NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(A), NmnCnv-Heal(13), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(13)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(15), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 12: Crane Kick -- SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(A), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(17), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 14: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Tough -- GldArm-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 18: Crippling Axe Kick -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(31), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Hct-Dam%(34)
Level 20: Rise to the Challenge -- NmnCnv-Heal(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(21), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 22: Quick Recovery -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(23), EndMod-I(23)
Level 24: Weave -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(25), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 26: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Dragon's Tail -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 30: Heightened Senses -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 32: Eagles Claw -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(46)
Level 35: Caltrops -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A)
Level 38: Strength of Will -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(40), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(42)
Level 41: Shuriken -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(43)
Level 44: Targeting Drone -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 47: Exploding Shuriken -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Resurgence -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Dmg-I(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- HO:Enzym(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- RgnTss-Regen+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(43), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(45)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(45), PrfShf-End%(45)
Level 1: Quick Form 
------------

Edited by mazoku

• Storm Kick is the highest DPA attack in the set. Slot it.
  • High Pain Tolerance isn't worth slotting for damage resistance. Park the two +def uniques here (I don't see Steadfast Protection in your build). Add two heal IOs for the +hp.
  • Switch Titanium Coating for Unbreakable Guard in Mind Over Body.
  • In Indomitable Will and Heightened Senses, swap the defense/recharge for the defense/global recharge.
  • Slot the Shield Wall +res unique in Indomitable Will.
  • Add slots to Tough for damage resistance. 
  • Drop 1 slot from Quick Recovery. You don't need more than 2 lvl 50 IOs.
  • Switch Red Fortune for Reactive Defenses in Weave. Include the unique.
  • Don't slot Combat Jumping for defense. With 4 slots you're only adding 1% defense. Slot the global recharge and call it a day.
  • Slot Strength of Will with two resist damage IOs. Slotting for recharge and end reduction do nothing.
  • Targeting Drone needs end reduction. 
  • You're over the 5-piece max for 10% recharge bonuses. You may want to replace a slot in one of the purple sets with something else.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 11/28/2021 at 10:58 AM, Uun said:
  • Storm Kick is the highest DPA attack in the set. Slot it.
  • High Pain Tolerance isn't worth slotting for damage resistance. Park the two +def uniques here (I don't see Steadfast Protection in your build). Add two heal IOs for the +hp.
  • Switch Titanium Coating for Unbreakable Guard in Mind Over Body.
  • In Indomitable Will and Heightened Senses, swap the defense/recharge for the defense/global recharge.
  • Slot the Shield Wall +res unique in Indomitable Will.
  • Add slots to Tough for damage resistance. 
  • Drop 1 slot from Quick Recovery. You don't need more than 2 lvl 50 IOs.
  • Switch Red Fortune for Reactive Defenses in Weave. Include the unique.
  • Don't slot Combat Jumping for defense. With 4 slots you're only adding 1% defense. Slot the global recharge and call it a day.
  • Slot Strength of Will with two resist damage IOs. Slotting for recharge and end reduction do nothing.
  • Targeting Drone needs end reduction. 
  • You're over the 5-piece max for 10% recharge bonuses. You may want to replace a slot in one of the purple sets with something else.

Dude thank you so much for the advice I'll be sure to do all that in the next go in Mid's before I purchase all my enhancements!

Could you possibly elaborate on the last bullet?

Edited by mazoku

15 hours ago, mazoku said:

Could you possibly elaborate on the last bullet?

You can have no more than 5 of any set bonus. Anything over that is ignored. You have six 10% recharge set bonuses in your build (2 superior ATO sets and 4 purple sets). If you open the set bonus window in Mid's, it notes this at the top of the right column. For example, you've got 5 pieces of Ragnorak slotted in Exploding Shuriken. You're way over ED max for damage, so you could replace the damage piece with a damage proc from another set, or move the slot to another power.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Enhancement_Set_Bonuses#The_Law_of_Fives

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

5 hours ago, Uun said:

You can have no more than 5 of any set bonus. Anything over that is ignored. You have six 10% recharge set bonuses in your build (2 superior ATO sets and 4 purple sets). If you open the set bonus window in Mid's, it notes this at the top of the right column. For example, you've got 5 pieces of Ragnorak slotted in Exploding Shuriken. You're way over ED max for damage, so you could replace the damage piece with a damage proc from another set, or move the slot to another power.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Enhancement_Set_Bonuses#The_Law_of_Fives

Awesome dude I sincerely appreciate the help! I'll post a different build soon in this thread.