Pain/Elec support build help

Swoo

Hello fellow defenders 🙂

I'm trying to figuring out how to build my Pain/Elec defender and I wanted advices.

the only prupose of this toon is to support a team, I don't plan to solo anything ever, only play in team/league.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Pain Domination
Secondary Power Set: Electrical Blast
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Nullify Pain -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(3), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(3), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(5), Pnc-Heal(5)
Level 1: Charged Bolts -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A)
Level 2: Soothe -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(7), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(9), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(9), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(11)
Level 4: Share Pain -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(13), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(13), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(15), Pnc-Heal(15)
Level 6: Super Jump -- Spr-EndRdx/Jump(A)
Level 8: Enforced Morale -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Conduit of Pain -- PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(A), PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(17), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 12: Soothing Aura -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(19), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal(23), Pnc-Heal/+End(23)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25)
Level 16: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: World of Pain -- UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27), UnbGrd-Max HP%(27)
Level 20: Spirit Ward -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(29), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(29), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal(31)
Level 22: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 26: Anguishing Cry -- ShlBrk-DefDeb(A), ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(33), ShlBrk-Acc/Rchg(33), ShlBrk-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(40), ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), ShlBrk-%Dam(43)
Level 28: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Painbringer -- Mrc-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Mrc-Heal/Rchg(33), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(34), PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(36)
Level 35: Voltaic Sentinel -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(37), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(43), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(42), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(42), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(42), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(43)
Level 44: Tesla Cage -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(45), Lck-Rchg/Hold(45), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46), Lck-%Hold(46)
Level 47: Thunderous Blast -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(48), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(7), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 6: Double Jump 
------------

to quote @The Philotic Knight

As for our secondary blasting powers however, our role as stated before is to DEFEND. There are many FF defenders out there that see themselves as a blaster that can buff. I see this as the biggest mistake an FF defender can possibly make, since they only do about 2/3rds of the damage of a blaster with the same damage slotted (estimated). While you are out there adding your minuscule damage to the team's effort, some of your teammates may be dying by your side. While you may have offensive powers, these can and should be used in a DEFENSIVE way whenever possible rather than an offensive way. If you have all of your allies shielded up and they don't seem to need any other type of defense, then go ahead and blast away all you want, but be ready to switch into defensive mode at a moment's notice.

My primary powers should be PRIMARY, my secondary powers should be SECONDARY.

I understand the remarks and concern, but I'm an healer, not a blaster. If the team doesn't need my heal (lower content, very high end build, enough support...), I'll join with something else than a pain def. And if they need my heal, then I need to be 100% focus on this and the animation time of a single blast (or control) can mean the death of a teamate and I don't want it.

My primary powers should be PRIMARY, my secondary powers should be SECONDARY.

Secondary does not mean non-existent or don't use, it means it should be second to what you do best.  

Also, healing is the worst form of damage mitigation in this game, this is not WoW.  There is a reason the archetype is called "Defender" and not "Healer".

In the end, its your toon, and if you want to be 1/2 as effective as you could be, who am I to stop you.

You don't need Acrobatics, take assault instead

you'll do better with an end redux in enforced morale, the recharge is short enough, plus you have a ton of global recharge.

You don't need 2 travel powers, skip Super Jump, take Aim and slot a Chance for Build Up in there, that will make your Thunderous Blast actually worth firing.

Conduit of Pain doesn't need so much recharge, 1 slot is fine.

World of Pain could use more resistance slotting, you've only got it about half of ED enhancement level

Just an FYI: Rune of Protection's recharge can't be reduced

Slot a Steadfast Protection and Gladiator's Armor Def buff in something, that's 6% defense right there

Painbringer does not need any endmod enhancements, 800% recovery pretty much can't be eaten through

What this team needs is more Defenders

Sorry about the following questions but no computer, it died, so I can't open or use Mids.  My only internet is this phone.

1) Are you perma-Hasten?

2) Is World of Pain also perma?

3) Why Acrobatics?

4) Is Anguishing Cry perma (or within seconds of being so)?

5) Thoughts on Incarnates.

6) One of the Panacea I'd consider swapping for a Preventative Medicine (more recharge, but you'll need a slot)

7) Conduit of Pain really isn't benefitting from the recharge.  Your global recharge should be enough.  I'd slot just an Endred as if Vigilance isn't providing a big discount 26 end is a chunk.

8) Painbringer, what sort of downtime?

As for the whole not an Offender, I'm a Healer thing consider that having the blasts and slotting them for global recharge doesn't mean actually using them.  The choice to use or not use is always yours.  You could just as easily be caught using a buff as a blast at an inopportune moment.

Edited by Doomguide2005