Lusca - challenge badges

Techwright

I was chatting with the league mates tonight while we were taking Lusca down and wondering if it were possible for a coordinated league to drop Lusca all at once.  The league feeling was that though it was feasible, it would be incredibly hard, since the Lusca dives as soon as a limb is destroyed.

We've got a lot of players who like to go for "Master Of..." kind of stuff, so the suggestion is:  change Lusca so that everything doesn't stop & submerge immediately. (Call it a moment in the throes of pain if you need a reason for it.) Leave a very few seconds to destroy other parts of the GM before it sinks.  Then give "Master of..." type badges.  This gives you a challenge akin, but harder, to dropping the two robots together in BAF.  I'd suggest 3 tiers (like skiing), but the top tier is the real bragging rights:

1. Gold level:  participation in a league that drops Lusca's 8 tentacles and head in one attack.

2. Silver level: participation in a league that drops Lusca in two attacks. (Probably 4 tentacles / 4 tentacles & head)

3. Bronze level:  participation in a league that drops Lusca in 3 attacks  (Probably 4 tentacles / 4 tentacles / head)

Lower badges to be awarded if a higher badge is earned first.  Player must be part of a team or league for badges.

One point to work out:  participation/interference from others not in the league (or perhaps forming their own league).  Possible solution: challenges conducted via an instanced event.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

That would require removing the heads immunity while a tentacle is alive.  Some would go for badges but afterwards the tentacles would be skipped like hamidons poor mitos.  It would pretty much have to be an instance and that it doesnt award the original badge so the zone version doesnt degrade into a skip 90% fight.

On 12/15/2021 at 6:43 AM, TheZag said:

That would require removing the heads immunity while a tentacle is alive.  Some would go for badges but afterwards the tentacles would be skipped like hamidons poor mitos.  It would pretty much have to be an instance and that it doesnt award the original badge so the zone version doesnt degrade into a skip 90% fight.

I do think an instance would be the way to go with that consideration.  If it is an instance, this would allow for villain side to get involved as well.  A lusca could appear in connection with one of the isles for villain side.  I'm not suggesting another cooperative effort launched from Ouroboros or Pocket D, though with the low red-side population, that may be more practical.

• Like 1